Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'll do it..I haven't driven in 5 years..AMA

Posted by on May. 10, 2014 at 3:13 AM
  • 16 Replies
You can ask anything..just thought that would catch attention, and it's true :-)
by on May. 10, 2014 at 3:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 10, 2014 at 3:15 AM
I'm 27 and still don't have my license. Lol. I've driven a few times. I know how to drive. Very well, according to my teachers. I've just never felt this urgent need to get my license.
Scarlet_begonia
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:20 AM
Lol. I got my license at 16, but I was in a head on while driving and it freaked me out. Now, I just get around with help from boyfriend, friends, family, etc.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm 27 and still don't have my license. Lol. I've driven a few times. I know how to drive. Very well, according to my teachers. I've just never felt this urgent need to get my license.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 10, 2014 at 3:26 AM
I have always used public transit or my bike. When I moved out of state I learned how to drive, again, and almost got my license. But then moved back, and haven't really needed it.
My husband has his license and drives when absolutely needed, our family clinic is literally a block away, the elementary school is a mile away, and there is a library, several parks, and tons of stores in walking distance.
I'm sure I'll get it soon. It's just not a priority for me right now. Lol.

Quoting Scarlet_begonia: Lol. I got my license at 16, but I was in a head on while driving and it freaked me out. Now, I just get around with help from boyfriend, friends, family, etc.

Quoting Anonymous: I'm 27 and still don't have my license. Lol. I've driven a few times. I know how to drive. Very well, according to my teachers. I've just never felt this urgent need to get my license.
polkaspots
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:27 AM
I've got nothing. I've never gotten my license or really learned how to drive. I'm capable of it and I have driven, just not legally and not on streets with other cars.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeppermintyTea
by Emerald Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:33 AM
I almost never drive by choice - I don't think I have had to drive in over a year, but even when I did it has been sporadic. I have a car available to me, but I enjoy walking. Do you choose not to drive, or do you have a reason? Also do people constantly ask you if you want a ride? It seems people always ask me then act like it's weird I want to walk.
TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on May. 10, 2014 at 3:35 AM
I keep thinking your name is Scarlet bologna lol
Scarlet_begonia
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:35 AM
I wish we had more public transport here. When I lived in STL I used it, but we're on the outskirts now lol

Quoting Anonymous: I have always used public transit or my bike. When I moved out of state I learned how to drive, again, and almost got my license. But then moved back, and haven't really needed it.
My husband has his license and drives when absolutely needed, our family clinic is literally a block away, the elementary school is a mile away, and there is a library, several parks, and tons of stores in walking distance.
I'm sure I'll get it soon. It's just not a priority for me right now. Lol.

Quoting Scarlet_begonia: Lol. I got my license at 16, but I was in a head on while driving and it freaked me out. Now, I just get around with help from boyfriend, friends, family, etc.

Scarlet_begonia
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:38 AM
It's by choice..I rarely walk unless I want to. People have asked me, but if I'm walking it's because I wasn't the exercise lol. I guess you could call it PTSD...I hate to use that, but when I have driven since my crash I kind of..freaked out

Quoting PeppermintyTea: I almost never drive by choice - I don't think I have had to drive in over a year, but even when I did it has been sporadic. I have a car available to me, but I enjoy walking. Do you choose not to drive, or do you have a reason? Also do people constantly ask you if you want a ride? It seems people always ask me then act like it's weird I want to walk.
Scarlet_begonia
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:39 AM
Lol

Quoting TheDrsRose: I keep thinking your name is Scarlet bologna lol
PeppermintyTea
by Emerald Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:55 AM
If it's for anxiety, or PTSD just for me I don't really consider that a choice more so a reason - if that makes sense.

Quoting Scarlet_begonia: It's by choice..I rarely walk unless I want to. People have asked me, but if I'm walking it's because I wasn't the exercise lol. I guess you could call it PTSD...I hate to use that, but when I have driven since my crash I kind of..freaked out

Quoting PeppermintyTea: I almost never drive by choice - I don't think I have had to drive in over a year, but even when I did it has been sporadic. I have a car available to me, but I enjoy walking. Do you choose not to drive, or do you have a reason? Also do people constantly ask you if you want a ride? It seems people always ask me then act like it's weird I want to walk.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN