Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I didn't send out mother's day cards

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I am a bad daughter, sister, granddaughter, and neice. I have had a hell of a week and lots of hard times recently that I totally forgot that mother's day was coming and I wasn't even able to go get cards anyway. I am certain some of them will be mad at me. But I don't owe them an explanation and I am so down in the dumps right now I could care less about mother's day anyway.

simple frown

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2014 at 3:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2014 at 3:21 AM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on May. 10, 2014 at 3:22 AM
Eh. consumerism will get you down if you let it. Its just another mass produced holiday and if you can't show someone how much you love them without stuff then your relationship has bigger issues.
cdjd23
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:25 AM
As long as you call and acknowledge them I really don't think a card or gift is necessary. If the want to put an expectation beyond that it's on them.
oliveoyl214
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:28 AM

You can just give them a quick call and wish them a Happy Mother's Day instead. If they are still pissy about not getting a card, they will just have to get over it! I'm sorry your feeling down tonight momma! I hope your weekend is better and hang in there!

polkaspots
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:33 AM
I've never sent out cards. I make cards for my mother and grandmother every year. Since I had kids they help out a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:35 AM

Sorry that you are feeling down.  I know that if I had people in my life that would actually get mad at me for not sending them a Mother's Day card, well, they would be off the list for getting anything sent from me to them... ever.  My mom is the only one that I feel that I should send a card to. It is you know, Mother's Day and she is my mom.  My sister, aunt, friend, cousin... etc, they aren't my mom so why they would expect anything from me is beyond me. Sure I have thought of others in addition to my mom in the past but for someone to expect it would just piss me off.  My husband worries  about purchasing for his own mother and anyone else from his side of the family. 

MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:47 AM
Couldn't care less.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)