Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

scrapbook for the ex

Posted by on May. 10, 2014 at 4:09 AM
  • 25 Replies
My son is going to meet his dad for the first time this month. I thought it would be a nice gesture to make a scrapbook for all the years he's been missing. Am I wrong or is it a good idea?
by on May. 10, 2014 at 4:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2014 at 4:10 AM
2 moms liked this
It depends on why he's been missing, if it was by his own neglect then why let him have your memories??
polkaspots
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:11 AM
I agree with this completely.

Quoting Anonymous: It depends on why he's been missing, if it was by his own neglect then why let him have your memories??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irish_Fox_Fyre
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:12 AM
I wouldn't do it but I happen to despise my ex and his choice to have his whore of a girlfriend rather than his son.

Honestly if you don't feel the same way I do about my ex, I think it's a great idea.
MeeshMom
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:12 AM

Why? Was he absent because he chose to not put forth effort? Or was he gone due to deployment or some legitimate reason? If he is a dead beat then heck no. That is too much work for me and i dont even send pics to my sons dad. A scrap book is just too much effort for me to give someone who doesnt give a shit. If you want to give him pictures that is nice to do. 

mo3blondeboys
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I was 17 when I had him and we didn't know what to do. He's always paid child support but in the last year he's actually talked to him. My son's 11 now
5thGraderMama
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:18 AM

....but....think of it this way. I would think of it as "I'm going to show the worthless absent bastard what he's missed of MY WONDERFUL SON'S milestones and growth throughout the years. She got to witness all those years, whereas for whatever reason, he missed them all, and pictures sure as hell won't make him feel as if he was there too...hmmmm

sticking out tongueshrugging

Quoting polkaspots: I agree with this completely.
Quoting Anonymous: It depends on why he's been missing, if it was by his own neglect then why let him have your memories??

mo3blondeboys
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:18 AM
He never wanted to see him until recently. My son's 11 now. We were just fooling around and this great kid came out of it

Quoting MeeshMom:

Why? Was he absent because he chose to not put forth effort? Or was he gone due to deployment or some legitimate reason? If he is a dead beat then heck no. That is too much work for me and i dont even send pics to my sons dad. A scrap book is just too much effort for me to give someone who doesnt give a shit. If you want to give him pictures that is nice to do. 

mo3blondeboys
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:19 AM
1 mom liked this
Love this!! Thank you!!

Quoting 5thGraderMama:

....but....think of it this way. I would think of it as "I'm going to show the worthless absent bastard what he's missed of MY WONDERFUL SON'S milestones and growth throughout the years. She got to witness all those years, whereas for whatever reason, he missed them all, and pictures sure as hell won't make him feel as if he was there too...hmmmm

MeeshMom
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:21 AM

Let your son get to know him and see how it goes before making anything special for this "dad." You never know how it will turn out. He may turn to be a good dad and step up and make things right. Or he could be a complete moron. My son's dad came into the picture when he was 4 and caused so much drama for my kid. He would visit but kept the visits short because he always had other plans, and we havent seen him in almost 3 months now. My son doesnt like his dad.

Quoting mo3blondeboys: He never wanted to see him until recently. My son's 11 now. We were just fooling around and this great kid came out of it
Quoting MeeshMom:

5thGraderMama
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:28 AM

That's just the way I think I would think of it. I don't know if your son is like mine but he is totallhy aware how many times his Dad has let him down, not done something that he promised or whatever...even though he never says it...he knows who he can REALLY depend on and who he REALLY can't do without....and I'm sorry, it's not his Dad. I guess what I'm trying to say is it's like your son and I did ALL this cool stuff, and YOU DIDN'T! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! You know what I'm trying to say?!?! LOL....

sticking out tonguegood

That's what it is...the blue guy...nananana....

Quoting mo3blondeboys: Love this!! Thank you!!
Quoting 5thGraderMama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)