Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ZOO PICTURES!! Very, very , very, very pic heavy!(50+ photos)

Posted by on May. 10, 2014 at 4:19 AM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this

We all had a great time! It was SUPER hot out today and then about an hour after we got there, it poured rain and cold us off! Zander loved the rain! We all had fun. The zoo in itself.. was a little disappointing. A lot of the animals exhibits were closed due to reconstruction and none of the shops were open. The animal enclosures were SO dirty and the animals looked so sad. This was the first time I have ever been to a zoo also and it was just sad. I wasn't expecting all the high fences either! I couldn't see many of the animals because of it and neither could Zander :( Over all, fun day! Sorry for so many pictures!! Lol at my round face. He also didn't like his souvenir tutle :( my favorite picture is the one with  Zander and the monkey statue and also the one with him and the fish!

The other people in the photos are my parents, brother, sister in law, and niece and nephews. I have permission to post them.

Done. Holy moley, that took over an hour to upload all those photos! Thanks for reading!!

by on May. 10, 2014 at 4:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yo_ho
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:23 AM
Glad you guys had fun! First sign of rain and I would have split!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 10, 2014 at 4:24 AM
The fences don't look high at all. What do you expect at a zoo, the animals to be roaming free? Also what is a tutle?
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on May. 10, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Thank you! It was a fun day! 

We drover over an hour to get there and it only rained about two times for only ten minutes! lol Just enough to cool us down!

Quoting yo_ho: Glad you guys had fun! First sign of rain and I would have split!

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on May. 10, 2014 at 4:27 AM

I've never went to a zoo, I thought it would be easier for the kids to see. I took over 300 pictures. Obviously I'm not going to put the ones up of me trying to see over the enclosures. These were the few that we could see. You know damn well it was supposed to be turtle.

Quoting Anonymous: The fences don't look high at all. What do you expect at a zoo, the animals to be roaming free? Also what is a tutle?

Mystic.Falls
by on May. 10, 2014 at 4:31 AM

Looks like fun!

What a cutie. I want to take our little ones to the zoo:)

ATG499
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:33 AM

I love it! You're gorgeous! Zander is such a cute little chunk-a-munk! Please don't think I'm creepy for saying this, but I could just kiss those little cheeks all day!! (IF I knew y'all well enough.)

I have never seen that pattern on a car seat. It's an Evenflo Tribute, right? Where'd you get it? Great car seat usage, by the way! Looks like he's rear-facing, too!! :D

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on May. 10, 2014 at 4:37 AM

Thank you!!!!!!!! That is not weird at all! :)

I'm a little bit of a car seat Nazi! I was worried because he only had a diaper on but the car seat technician said that was okay! I research everything! He will be rear facing until he is four but he's a big boy so I think he will reach the seats limits before that! You are correct on the seat! I have had many people comment on the pattern! I guess no one has seen it before! His aunt is a police officer and each police officer at her work can have a new car seat every 6 months if needed, so she gets them for me!

Quoting ATG499:

I love it! You're gorgeous! Zander is such a cute little chunk-a-munk! Please don't think I'm creepy for saying this, but I could just kiss those little cheeks all day!! (IF I knew y'all well enough.)

I have never seen that pattern on a car seat. It's an Evenflo Tribute, right? Where'd you get it? Great car seat usage, by the way! Looks like he's rear-facing, too!! :D

Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on May. 10, 2014 at 4:38 AM

It was a lot of fun! My feet are killing me!! And ... I gave in and drank a ton of soda :( I already feel my weight back on me! LOL Thank you! You should try it! It was fun!

Love your little mans hair cut by the way!

Quoting Mystic.Falls:

Looks like fun!

What a cutie. I want to take our little ones to the zoo:)

yo_ho
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:40 AM
That's not bad. Looked soaked in one pic. You must of had some downpours.

Quoting Halfdeafmommy:

Thank you! It was a fun day! 

We drover over an hour to get there and it only rained about two times for only ten minutes! lol Just enough to cool us down!

Quoting yo_ho: Glad you guys had fun! First sign of rain and I would have split!

csxt99
by Jennifer on May. 10, 2014 at 4:40 AM

What zoo did you go to?  I'm sorry your first experience was so disappointing.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)