Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She's a lazy, self-entitled SAHM...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

So, this is just a vent about my cousin.  She posts all of her personal business on FB, and I have to stop myself from telling her what I really think.  (To keep the family peace.)

Her husband walked out on her about 17-18 months ago, and their divorce is close to being finalized.  My cousin is 40, and they have 3 kids, age 16, 10 and 7.  My cousin has never had an actual job in her life, never even worked part-time, etc before her first child was born when she was 24.  She lived at home until she got married at age 23 (didn't go to college, etc after high school), and her parents totally supported her financially until she got married.  So obviously, she has no job skills.  In the 17-18 months since her soon-to-be-ex husband walked out, she hasn't attempted to find a job, get any type of job training, etc.  She's basically been living off child support ($1300 month), and until recently she was getting alimony ($900 month) as well.

Last week she posted on FB that the judge ended her alimony, because the 1 year period for it was up.  (If she had actually started some type of job training or college during the last year, the alimony would have been extended.)  Alimony is extremely rare in our state, and very few women get it in the first place.  She's still getting $1300 a month in child support, and the ex carries the kids on his medical, dental, eye insurance (her too, until the divorce is finalized).  She was crying the blues that she can't pay all of her bills with only $1300 a month.

Child support is NOT meant to fully support the ex-wife as well as the children.  My cousin has had almost 1 1/2 years to either get some sort of job, or start some type of job training to better herself.  Instead, she has chosen to continue living life as usual, and expecting her soon-to-be-ex husband to support her as well as their children.  What gets me is that she is very bitter that the ex doesn't have to continue paying her alimony until all 3 kids turn 18.  (Youngest kid is 7 years old.)  I know that daycare is expensive, but she could at least get a part-time job while the kids are at school.  She has a mother, 3 sisters, and a sis-in-law (all SAHM's) who live within a mile of her, and would be willing to help out to get the younger children on and off the school bus if she couldn't be there.

In my opinion, she's being lazy, and feeling self-entitled.  She brags about being a SAHM and being there for her kids (who are in school 8 hours a day), but I feel that she needs to wake up to reality and get a job to help support herself.  Like I said though, I haven't said this to her since it will anger her and cause trouble in the family.  It's her business anyway, even though she posts her life story on FB for the world to read.  What's YOUR opinion of her?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 10, 2014 at 2:26 PM

bump

3xangel
by *Angelicious* on May. 10, 2014 at 2:46 PM
I agree with you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

i would think it would be hard for her to get a job with zero experience and such a huge gap of not working. i dont know her situation so its hard to judge.

-42-
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm gonna be totally honest here......

I didn't read all of that. My sincerest apologies. I fully admit I did not give it my best try, but I will use this as a learning experience and go forth with this newfound determination.
curvygurl1912
by Renee on May. 10, 2014 at 2:52 PM
2 moms liked this
My alimony is forever, the only thing I think is she should have negotiated for a better divorce settlement, lol
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:00 PM

Walmart is always hiring

Quoting Anonymous:

i would think it would be hard for her to get a job with zero experience and such a huge gap of not working. i dont know her situation so its hard to judge.

CafeMom Tickers
SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:02 PM

I don't belive in alimony unless he cheated but definitely not lifetime. The ops cousin should out her big girl pants on and work.

Quoting curvygurl1912: My alimony is forever, the only thing I think is she should have negotiated for a better divorce settlement, lol

CafeMom Tickers
lovinmybabe
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:03 PM
Let me have her name I'll get on fb and tell her GROW UP GET A JOB AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN KIDS
curvygurl1912
by Renee on May. 10, 2014 at 3:03 PM
2 moms liked this
You don't have to believe in something for it to exist, lol

Quoting SweetPea2004:

I don't belive in alimony unless he cheated but definitely not lifetime. The ops cousin should out her big girl pants on and work.

Quoting curvygurl1912: My alimony is forever, the only thing I think is she should have negotiated for a better divorce settlement, lol

Jamaicanmecrazi
by on May. 10, 2014 at 3:07 PM
*Snicker*

Quoting -42-: I'm gonna be totally honest here......

I didn't read all of that. My sincerest apologies. I fully admit I did not give it my best try, but I will use this as a learning experience and go forth with this newfound determination.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)