Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

has anyone grown apart from their spouse?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
My husband is a good man, husband and father. However, as I've gotten older and matured, the things that attracted me to my husband just get on my nerves and piss me off, and things that used to not be important to me seem super important, now. There are times where I think, you wouldn't have a friend who thinks/acts like this so why are you married to someone who does?? Can anyone relate to this? Bueller?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 10, 2014 at 3:35 PM
Bump :(
DensHag
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:35 PM
Yes I can and it's sad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 10, 2014 at 3:39 PM
I just don't know how to fix it. I don't know if it's just me being nit picky, or more major than that.

Quoting DensHag: Yes I can and it's sad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2014 at 3:39 PM

yes just getting my ducks in a row to leave im to young to waste my life away but old enough to know enough is enough

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Bump
DensHag
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM
This is going to sound horrible but I told him to get his shit together or in 3 months I was leaving him. A week later he was diagnosed with bone cancer. I stayed and took care of him but I was very resentful.

I ended up going to therapy on my own because I felt so "stuck". That helped me immensely and I stopped being so angry all the time. He passed away after three years and I miss him. I don't know what would have happened if he hadn't gotten sick, but the therapy was a Godsend. There is nothing wrong with being happy! Good luck to you.

Quoting Anonymous: I just don't know how to fix it. I don't know if it's just me being nit picky, or more major than that.

Quoting DensHag: Yes I can and it's sad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 10, 2014 at 3:46 PM
I can absolutely relate to this. We've been married almost 20 years though. I'm not ready to throw all of that away, so here I am.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 10, 2014 at 3:47 PM

and this where you get help. look into counseling. 

turtlesquish23
by on May. 10, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Yes. I realized the issue was me and not her. We were open about needing to work on us. We fell in love again and are stronger than ever 3 years later. Good luck
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 10, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I can relate to this too. He is a good man, a good father, yet I don't have that crazy in love feeling anymore. We've been married for 20+ years, and like another mom said, that is a lot of time to just throw away. Plus I want my kids to have an intact home. My best friend gave me great advice, after divorcing her long time husband and getting remarried: different man, different shit. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN