Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question about Mother's Day!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

Just wondering do any other Mother's sleep in on Mother's Day... My in-laws are trying to make me feel bad for wanting to sleep in on Mother's Day! My kids are 3 and 5 years old so their Dad offered to wake up with them in the morning. His mom seems to think I'm horrible because he works and I'm a stay at home mom that wakes up every morning with my fiancee. She thinks that on Mother's day a mom should not get a break from taking care of her kids and should still have to cook and clean.. I thought on Mother's Day it was a chance for Mom's to finally sleep in and spend time with their children. She also told my fiancee that since our kids are not old enough to get me something that I shouldn't get anything for Mother's day because I am not his Mother... I know it sounds like I'm being greedy or selfish or whatever but I'm the Mother of his children... Do I not deserve anything for baring his 2 kids and staying home to raise them every day because he doesn't want them in Daycare! I'm just a little pissed off that his mom suggested this morning that I should let him sleep in on Mother's day and suck it up and take care of the kids just because he works... I do to I just don't get paid to do my job! And apparently I don't deserve anything for Mother's Day!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2014 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
drowningmama
by vendetta on May. 10, 2014 at 4:08 PM

Nope, I dont.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Every mom should get something for Mother's Day your kids can draw you a picture and he could take them to pick something out for you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 10, 2014 at 4:10 PM
I sleep in every Sunday so Mother's Day is no different.
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:16 PM

First off his mom is out of line. 2nd your SO should do what he and the children decide to do for you ! Not what his mom, you or anyone else thinks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN