Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Any body else NOT sending their mothers anything tomorrow?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

I have cut all ties with my family. For a million reasons. I understand my mom is hurt over it,but she has never cared about the continuous hurt she caused me over and over for years. The last straw was when she left a nasty voice mail tell me to go binge eat because it was all I am good at, like who tells their child that? And thinks it is ok to say. So anyway, with tomorrow being Mother's Day I have chosen not to send anything. I mean she didn't even send me a card for my birthday. I wasn't expecting anything, but knowing her she is because she feel she is in the right. I do feel a little guilty for not sending anything, but at the same time I don't. Am I the only one? I am not cold hearted, but I have to protect my heart and the well being of my kids.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
texasgirl77
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:10 PM
I don't blame you. Sometimes family treats you worse than anyone else. I hope YOU have a good mothers day despite how your mother is.
mybabyapples
by Nickels on May. 10, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Yes, but she can't really appreciate anything anymore.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on May. 10, 2014 at 4:11 PM

I've been out of touch with my mother over 10 years. I have no desire to send her anything or ever hear from her again!

momoftwogirl55
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:11 PM
Me either. I couldn't even tell you where my incubator lives.
BrittSam2011
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:13 PM

I'm not. She recently moved to Alabama, I don't know her address, and I don't usually send her anything anyway. Mother's Day isn't a big holiday for me and my family, none of us are really that close.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

drowningmama
by vendetta on May. 10, 2014 at 4:15 PM

My mom is dead.  Dhs mom hasnt spoken to us in 13 years.  So, no moms here - well besides me.

Maruchan
by Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:16 PM

I shouldn't (long story short she's stolen over 3K from me and gets mad when I ask her about it-and STILL occasionally asks for money, and cusses me when I say no) but I got her a gift card and am thinking about sending her an edible arrangement. She lives an hour away but I saw her last week so I am not going out this week. It wasn't for my siblings I wouldn't have a relationship with her, but she doesn't know that. 

mojogirl
by Alice Liddell on May. 10, 2014 at 4:16 PM

i just sent her a card, we're not really a gift buying family

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I wont because my mom passed away 2 years ago.

smack05
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:21 PM
I haven't spoke to her in almost a year but I did send her and my birth mom both cards with star bucks gift cards in them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)