Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The truth about teach appreciation...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 137 Replies
9 moms liked this
Don't freak out about gifting the teacher. Almost nobody does. In my class I had 5 students give me a token of appreciation. 1- a bag of m & ms 2- a cute teacher package with thumb tacks, post its, gum, and markers 3- a gift card to Jamba Juice 4- a notepad 5- a scrub brush.

The truth is that most people don't appreciate us. We are totally used to it. Parents complain about too much homework, not enough homework, too much communication, not enough communication, work that is too hard, work that is too easy, too much discipline, not enough discipline, overstepping our bounds, not caring enough.......

If you want to support educators, make their jobs feel more impactful, and give a token of thanks we really really really appreciate it. It often brings tears to our eyes! If you don't we won't think less of you or your child- it is totally the norm. Our society puts very little value on educators and education. We get it. Every day we get it.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2014 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom-to-2kids
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I appreciate teachers­čśŐ
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 10, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Thank you! So do I! My kids' teachers constantly amaze me!

Quoting Mom-to-2kids: I appreciate teachers­čśŐ
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2014 at 4:24 PM
I appreciate teachers. I mean, why do I need to send a gift? That ridiculous.
MeaganP
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Very true I couldn't be a teacher
myperfect4inok
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:25 PM
I don't do gifts. But at the first of the school year and the last of the school year I buy $100 worth of books for them. Every teacher loves it.
texasgirl77
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Pretty sure not all teachers feel that way. The ones at my dd school get PLENTY of appreciation gifts and very few complaints. Our local radio station even does a contest EVERY DAY where parents call in and nominate the teacher of the day and that teacher wins lunch out somewhere.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 10, 2014 at 4:26 PM
2 moms liked this
I appreciate teachers, doesn't mean I need to give them gifts to show it.
Also, I'd have to buy for 8 teachers, I'd be broke.
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:27 PM

I always ask our teacher if she needs anything for the classroom and always tell her thank you verbally when we see her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 10, 2014 at 4:27 PM
Meh, most people dont even know when "teacher appreciation" day is.

Calm your tits.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 10, 2014 at 4:27 PM
That is an enormous token of appreciation! Of course they love it, I would, too!

Quoting myperfect4inok: I don't do gifts. But at the first of the school year and the last of the school year I buy $100 worth of books for them. Every teacher loves it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)