Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Update 24 weeks along and on way to different state to get abortion....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 280 Replies
2 moms liked this
A friend of mine asked me if I could drive her 5 hours to the next state so she could get a abortion. She will be 25 weeks thurs so must get the procedure done then. When she first brought up taking her on this trip for a "medical prodcedure" I admit I said yes. After I found out what it is for I am not going to rearrange my schedule to take her. I have been trying to conceive for the last year and had 2'miscarriaes and although I agree women should have the right to abort feel 24 weeks is too late in the pregnancy unless it is medically necessary. Hers is not for medical reason and her reason she knew about since she became pregnant (she cheated and the baby is not her husbands). I feel bad but I really feel like I would be tearing open fresh wounds with my miscarriages and don't believe in it this late. Am I wrong for not taking her?

Update:

I did let her know that I would not be taking her before I posted this. I told her why. She has now made me feel bad about it. The first time she initially asked me was Friday. I told her no yesterday after I found out the true reason for the trip. Until I posted this I did not think about adoption. Idk how my husband would feel about it. I am on break at lunch so maybe after I think about it I will bring it up to him. I have personally had 4 losses of my own 2 being late term. I also have a happy healthy almost 5 year old boy. Her husband also knows that the baby is prob not his. This is the reason she is wanting the abortion because he said he dont want to work on things if she don't get one. They have 2 other kids together. I will try to update any other questions after I get off work.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2014 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 10, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Btw our state quits doing them at 20 weeks
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2014 at 4:43 PM
7 moms liked this
Gross, that baby could live with medical intervention.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 10, 2014 at 4:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think you're wrong, I wouldn't either.
BIMOM21
by Andi on May. 10, 2014 at 4:44 PM
2 moms liked this
It's your choice. If you feel that your choice isn't wrong, then that's all that matters.
.lovemybebes.
by :) on May. 10, 2014 at 4:44 PM
You're not wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 10, 2014 at 4:44 PM
6 moms liked this
Seriously, she could give birth today and give you the baby and the baby would probably grow up relatively normal.

Quoting Anonymous: Gross that baby could live with medical intervention.
krissy920
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:44 PM
9 moms liked this

talk her into adoption that is a baby  that  could have a chance at survival at  24 weeks.. i dont know how anyone could kill  a  baby that far along. Why not do this at a few weeks along?

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 10, 2014 at 4:44 PM

It's your decision whether you want to take her or not. There is no right or wrong answer.

cybcm
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:45 PM
5 moms liked this
What are you hoping to achieve here? Forcing her past the deadline so she has to have the baby she doesn't want?
How is that a good thing for anyone?

At least be a decent person and organise someone else to take her. You made a promise, you are not intending to keep it for selfish reasons, she should not be punushed for that.
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2014 at 4:45 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't take her either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN