Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was a teen mom that failed

Posted by on May. 11, 2014 at 12:36 PM
  • 128 Replies
51 moms liked this

I failed to let it define me. I struggled and overcame.  Although many think that every person that was a teen mom lies when they say that they have an education, have a good career, have a nice family, and have a good income, it isn't so.  People have to overcome all sorts of adversity and there are plenty that are very strong that find a way to succeed despite their circumstances. There are many others just like me.

by on May. 11, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HisLove18
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 12:37 PM
3 moms liked this
Thank you!!!! Everyone stereotype all teen moms together
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on May. 11, 2014 at 12:38 PM
It kinda weirds me out to imagine you posting prom pics. I'm glad you did well and set a good example though.
bethpelle
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this
Agreed. I had my first child at 19. 8 yrs later I am a college graduate who owns my own home. I'm not rich by any means but I worked my ass off to be where I am and I am taking care of business! :)
TheQueenOfChaos
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 12:38 PM
I too was a teen mom, though graduated from high school. In that past 4 1/2 years I have overcome so much and I am blessed to be where I am now.

Congrats for beating the odds too!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2014 at 12:38 PM
4 moms liked this
Did you make this post in a way to call someone out ?
( just wondering )
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2014 at 12:39 PM
3 moms liked this
I failed to let it stop me, I failed to let it scare me and I failed to let it hold me back. I'm glad I kept my DD and I'm glad I'm chasing my dreams with her by my side. Motherhood has been such a wonderful thing in my life.
addykarder19
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2014 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I had my dd my senior year, I graduated high school a semester early with scholarships based on my grades and volunteering I did through out school. That was 7 years ago I am still working on my degree, I stopped for awhile, while I was getting out of an abusive relationship with dd and first ds father.. I have worked full time ever since dd was born, trying my best to stay off assistance (I did need day care assistance while single).. I met a great man, we have a ds together. We don't have a lot but we have a great family and a great life! Wouldn't trade it for anything!!
thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 11, 2014 at 12:42 PM
5 moms liked this

lol I love you mouse

*licks the mouse*

TrouserMouse
by on May. 11, 2014 at 12:42 PM
I didn't go to prom. :) I had just happened to request early graduation because I had all my credits before I even knew I was pregnant. By the time prom came around, I was living with my future husband in our own place in a different town. I'm not the prom type anyway.

Quoting Danesmommy1: It kinda weirds me out to imagine you posting prom pics. I'm glad you did well and set a good example though.
CrimsonAlice
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2014 at 12:43 PM
I like you, you're cool. That is all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)