Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Its mothers day but I have nothing to show for it.

Posted by on May. 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM
  • 103 Replies
43 moms liked this

I had the best mothers day. And I have nothing to show for it. No gift, or card, or fancy outing. 

My daughter an I are essentially homeless after leaving an abusive husband back in November. 

We live with my parents right now, otherwise we would be sleeping in my van. 

SO, I have had 2 jobs, but both of them were temps. 

Right now i have no job. And i am broke. to the point of not even having 2 pennies to rub together. Literally, i looked, no pennies in my purse :( 

But i woke up this morning, to my baby girl saying 'happy mothers day mommy' 

She brought me 2 peices of toast, with a SHIT LOAD of butter on it. And one egg, that honestly wasnt done all the way. 

Sitting simple and plain on a plate. It looked like the best feast I had ever had. 

My daughter is autistic, and i just recently started teaching her to cook, like boiling water, making mac n cheese, and stuff. 

She has never fried eggs before. 

And for her to do so for me, on mothers day, was just amazing. Who cares it it wasnt cooked all the way through and had no flavorings of any kind. it was cooked enough to eat. and it was the yummiest egg i ever had. 

Jennie, 28, Homeschooling Attachment Parenting Stay At Home Mom, to a beautiful autistic 10 year old daughter. 

by on May. 11, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nelliesmommy
by on May. 11, 2014 at 12:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Awww how sweet. I'm happy you could have some joy today. Things get easier hun.
jellybeanjean
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
So sweet . Simple joys are beautiful. Happy Mother's Day!
ashley1693
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 12:59 PM
7 moms liked this
How sweet.
Glad to know that there is still other people in the world that know what's really important in life.
You have a special child. Enjoy your day with her :)
RTMJDNTARDIS
by on May. 11, 2014 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I know. Thanks hon. *hugs* 

Quoting nelliesmommy: Awww how sweet. I'm happy you could have some joy today. Things get easier hun.

RTMJDNTARDIS
by on May. 11, 2014 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Haha you mean all the posts about how they didnt get the very large and expensive gift she has been telling her husband/children to buy for her all year? lol I think thats stupid. 

Quoting ashley1693: How sweet. Glad to know that there is still other people in the world that know what's really important in life. You have a special child. Enjoy your day with her :)

norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:01 PM
7 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peachesforme
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I am glad your parents are helping you.
ashley1693
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this
Exactly. To many people (on here and in real life) are so wrapped up in the material things that they don't appreciate what they have and what's really important in life.
Like me personally I don't care about a gift or even a card. I would just give anything just to be able to see and hold my children. I suffered 3 early miscarriages so I don't even have a single ultrasound pictures or anything. Who cares about a gift when you can't the most important thing (your child).

Quoting RTMJDNTARDIS: Haha you mean all the posts about how they didnt get the very large and expensive gift she has been telling her husband/children to buy for her all year? lol I think thats stupid. Quoting ashley1693: How sweet.
Glad to know that there is still other people in the world that know what's really important in life.
You have a special child. Enjoy your day with her :)
GreenEyePixie
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
That is awesome! Sounds like you have a very sweet girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bcauseimthemom
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this

Happy Mother's Day.

Have you thouth ofapplying for ssi for your daughter? If you haven't yet, you may want to apply for PA and if you haven't already, make her other parent responsible for the child he helped create... at least financially since you mentioned he was abusive....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN