Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my ex fought with his gf over mother's day edit added

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 153 Replies

My ex and I had an amicable divorce and we're still great friends

His girlfriend is jealous of that. He works a job where he gets a paycheck AND tips, and he saves half his tips up for a month and that goes to our child in lieu of child support. It's about 200 something dollars, sometimes it's more. 

Well, his girlfriend got mad this morning because he didn't get her a mother's day gift. She also wanted him to watch her kids while she went shopping with her mom at the last minute. They don't live together, and she has 3 kids with her ex. He told her that he already had plans and that he wasn't getting her a mother's day gift, he was getting his mom one and taking our child to get me one. When she asked why, he said because she didn't have his kids, that I did, and that if she wanted a break or something for mother's day then she should call her ex. So now she's pissed, and began yelling at him about how much money he gives "me" each month, that our child doesn't need that much, that we're taking from her kids, etc. etc.

So he called me and asked if we wanted to go to lunch with him and his mom. I said sure.

My opinion on it is that it would be different if they lived together, but she's not hurting for money. She's on every type of PA there is and gets 500 in CS each month. But if it's causing that much problems, I'll tell him not to give me as much. Our child doesn't need that much, I have a decent job and all the needs are covered.

Thoughts?

edit: her kids did get her something, she took them to get her something the other day. she wanted my ex to keep them so she could go have a "me" day and she asked at the last minute. He doesn't know these kids that well, they've only been together for a few months.

here's how their conversation went, to those saying ex was a dick:

She said "You get me anything for mother's day?"

He says "No, I didn't think you were expecting me to." 

"Well can you watch my kids instead so I can go out and have fun with my mom?"

"No, I have plans with my mom and _____ (DD). We're going to lunch and then we're taking her to get _____ (me) a gift."

Oh and I mentioned lowering the money if it was causing problems and he told me no, half of his monthly tips goes to DD and that's how it's going to stay unless we need more.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2014 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Shes jelous
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 11, 2014 at 1:23 PM

bump

bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:26 PM
8 moms liked this
My only thought is that it doesn't sound like ex is going to keep her around much longer.
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:27 PM
6 moms liked this
He's not ready for a gf IMO. Not because he isn't right, but because he didn't consider her feelings at all. And she isn't ready for a bf with children.
tanyainmizzou
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

you don't want that woman as your child's SM.

Don't refuse the money.   He needs to provide for his child.

randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on May. 11, 2014 at 1:29 PM
8 moms liked this

Honestly, I think it's a breath of fresh air to hear about ex couples who still get along so well and can remain friends.  He made a great point to her.  It's not his job to watch her kids so she can go have alone time.  She can arrange for their father to visit with them or arrange another caretaker.

If he wants to give you the amount he is giving you, that's his choice.  If you feel it's too much, discuss a smaller amount and see what he wants to do.  Don't let her dictate the kind of relationship he has with you and the kids.  She's clearly jealous and feels threatened by it because she's not mature enough to acknowledge that not all ex couples hate the sight of each other.

tanyainmizzou
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

What should he be considered about her feelings?

She isn't his mother nor is she the mother of his child.   She is the fuck of the month.

Quoting hautemama83: He's not ready for a gf IMO. Not because he isn't right, but because he didn't consider her feelings at all. And she isn't ready for a bf with children.

Sara-1989
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:30 PM
I think Mother's Day is stupid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2014 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
She isn't ready (not does it sound like she ever will be ready) for a man with other children. She made that clear by bitching about him supporting his kids (ten bucks says she's not complaining about the child support she gets).

If they were in a strong relationship, living together, and he had taken on the step dad role to her kids, I could see her anger. But it sounds like they've barely been dating and she's already expecting him to abandon his children for her.
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on May. 11, 2014 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh lawd. Yeah, I can't take you seriously.

Quoting tanyainmizzou:

What should he be considered about her feelings?

She isn't his mother nor is she the mother of his child.   She is the fuck of the month.

Quoting hautemama83: He's not ready for a gf IMO. Not because he isn't right, but because he didn't consider her feelings at all. And she isn't ready for a bf with children.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)