Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can someone please explain the Trinity to me?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies

I recently became a Christian. Now I'm struggling because I don't understand the trinity. How can 1+1+1=1? Why would Jesus pray to himself? I just don't get it. I'm not trying to start a debate but I was hoping someone could explain in a simple to understand way. The answers I get on Google are soooo complicated that it almost feel like they are talking in circles to avoid actually answering the question. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 11, 2014 at 3:59 PM

BUMP

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 11, 2014 at 4:07 PM

bump

jjessers
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2014 at 4:10 PM
That is a devout catholic way of thinking.

I wasn't raised catholic.

Even after researching different sects of Christianity AND different religions , I still will never believed in the trinity .

( I should most likely ....never say never ! ) lol
SaphiraJFire
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2014 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

The trinity is confusing. I think it best to ask someone at you local church because many people fin it hard to explain. I saw in a movie once god is like a shamrock god is all 3 the father the son and the holy ghost. All three are on in the same god but each leave is its own. The father is not the son and the son is not the holy ghost ect. 

(  I would like to add I am not a christian at all nor am I atheist lol I did attend seminary though ) I hope this helps you even a little.

I even found an image on wiki. The link is here:

http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity

caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2014 at 4:14 PM
The Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost..they are 1 and the same right. Jesus is supposed to be God on the flesh right...

Im not religious and really know nothing of it but from things i have read this is what i interpret the Holy Trinity to be.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 11, 2014 at 4:20 PM

This is every Christian belief outside of LDS and Jehovah Witnesses. 

Quoting jjessers: That is a devout catholic way of thinking. I wasn't raised catholic. Even after researching different sects of Christianity AND different religions , I still will never believed in the trinity . ( I should most likely ....never say never ! ) lol

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2014 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Think of it like a person with Multiple Personality Disorder. The main dude is God the Father, but he has two alters - the Son and the Holy Ghost. Those divisions/personalities may come forward and control/represent the main entity, but they remain only a part of the whole.

xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Quoting jjessers: That is a devout catholic way of thinking. I wasn't raised catholic. Even after researching different sects of Christianity AND different religions , I still will never believed in the trinity . ( I should most likely ....never say never ! ) lol

I was raised Lutheran and they definitely believe in the trinity as well.

Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Ok there is Jesus who is the physical aspect of God, and the spirit who was sent as the comforter after Jesus died. I normally just call the Holy Spirit the emotion the side of God. Then you have God who is the Father and creator. They are the same in the sense that they are all interconnected, they are different in what aspect of God they represent.
That's the easiest way to explain to me
Cbreland07
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2014 at 4:33 PM
Actually most of Christianity believes in the trinity, only a few denominations believe in oneness

Quoting jjessers: That is a devout catholic way of thinking.

I wasn't raised catholic.

Even after researching different sects of Christianity AND different religions , I still will never believed in the trinity .

( I should most likely ....never say never ! ) lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)