Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you lose this after having your baby???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Did you lose your sex drive? Or did it go down? I read that this can happen especially when BF. But that it usually comes back after you start ovulating. Well my baby is 15 mo and my sex drive is still completely gone :( I don't want it to be. I feel off. I feel bad.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2014 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2devin11005
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2014 at 4:47 PM

I completely lost my sex drive after I had my daughter.... It is just now coming back and she is 2 1/2 years old lol.  Hope it comes back quickly for you

4Dragons
by on May. 11, 2014 at 4:49 PM

Yeah mine totally vanishes after babies. I think my daughter was around 18 months before mine came back... then I got pregnant again and away it went :P My second is about 6 months old now and I still have no drive.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2014 at 4:50 PM
Can I ask you how you and your DH dealt with it? How did it affect you relationship?

Quoting mom2devin11005:

I completely lost my sex drive after I had my daughter.... It is just now coming back and she is 2 1/2 years old lol.  Hope it comes back quickly for you

mariere
by on May. 11, 2014 at 4:51 PM
I lost mine. Only because I was single and unable to mingle until she was 2.5.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Bump
mom2devin11005
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:22 PM

It was hard...... I would fake it for his sake about once a month and luckily I have a really understanding husband.  I wish I had better advice but my gyno told me to keep trying to fake it till I make it and it should come back and she was right. It's been in about the last 3 months that I've really put an effort in to making the time and energy for sex and I've noticed about the last month or so I'm the one initiating alot more and I'm actually in the mood for it and enjoying it again.

Quoting Anonymous: Can I ask you how you and your DH dealt with it? How did it affect you relationship?
Quoting mom2devin11005:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2014 at 5:22 PM
With my first one I had a crazy high sex drive before, during and after.

Now? Blahhhh. If it wasn't for the fact I'm going to be cleared by the doc near our wedding ann. And my poor husband got some once during my whole pregnancy I wouldn't be having sex any time soon.
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Mine got higher, but I think that was in part to having worry free sex. Since I had a tubal. Since I've turned 30, my sex drive has gone through the roof. It's disgusting really, I feel like a 17 yo boy ffs lol.
fairymom82
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Nope. Mine kept increasing . I'm nearly 32 now and its higher than ever. Thank goodness my DH is still horny like a teen boy . We go at it at least once a day sometimes twice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 11, 2014 at 5:31 PM
Mine didn't go away. I got pregnant almost immediately after having my daughter. She is 9 months and I'm 30 weeks pregnant lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN