Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DS thinks because he is an adult..Edited

Posted by on May. 11, 2014 at 4:47 PM
  • 589 Replies
5 moms liked this
That his girlfriend should be able to spend the night.

He is 21, she is 20. They have been together 2 years. Yes he works, he goes to college and he pays rent.

We have had the samw rules for his older siblings, unless married, no significant other stays the night. Her parents not only allow him to stay the night, but in the same room, same bed. And she shares a room with her 13 year old sister!

So the result of us not allowing her to stay the night, is that he is never here. Today we had a cookout, we played badminton, volleyball. We took a boat ride. They came over for 10 minutes for him to get fresh clothes, said happy mothers day, and he left.

I don't know if I am hurt or angry!

***after reading all of the replies I would like to say that I now more then ever stand by my rules. DS pays 200 a month, that covers his cell phone bill, and some food. We have paid for his college 100%. I understand I can not have it both ways, apparently, if he cant shack up with her in my home, he doesn't want to be here at all. That is his choice. I have rules, other children in the home and I wont bend on a rule all the other children follow. His name is not on my house, he does not pay the bills. He rents a room in my home, which comes with rules.
by on May. 11, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chunkymunkey922
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2014 at 4:49 PM
13 moms liked this
That's his decision. Your house your rules. If he wants to have her spend the night he needs to get his own place
momofthree0429
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2014 at 4:50 PM
I agree. But I dont understand why he has to be so extreme with it. He cant even hang out?!

Quoting Chunkymunkey922: That's his decision. Your house your rules. If he wants to have her spend the night he needs to get his own place
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2014 at 4:50 PM

My dd is 18 and lives at home , she knows and understands that she will not have a boyfriend spent the night in my home .And that she needs to be a good role modle for her sister (14).

I can say that dd's 18 boyfriends mom lets dd spend the night. I dont ask questions as its not my business.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2014 at 4:52 PM
24 moms liked this
He pays rent. It should be his decision.
momofthree0429
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2014 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I dont ask questions and it isnt my business. But it is in horrible taste IMO.

Quoting Anonymous:

My dd is 18 and lives at home , she knows and understands that she will not have a boyfriend spent the night in my home .And that she needs to be a good role modle for her sister (14).

I can say that dd's 18 boyfriends mom lets dd spend the night. I dont ask questions as its not my business.

JanineDeer
by Janine on May. 11, 2014 at 4:52 PM
4 moms liked this

Don't be either.    He is obeying your rules, and acting like an adult.   He is not insulting you at all.    Adult children do not have to "have sleepovers" at their parents house!!

momofthree0429
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2014 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Should be his decision for what?

Quoting Anonymous: He pays rent. It should be his decision.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2014 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I know the feeling. I only see my one dd who only visits when her boyfriends at drill. One wknd a month. It'd be nice if she thought as much of us as his family.
dockyswifey
by on May. 11, 2014 at 4:53 PM
10 moms liked this
If he pays rent he has the right for her to spend the night. He's 21 not 12.
momofthree0429
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2014 at 4:53 PM
I agree. But he is just refusing to spend any time here with us now.

Quoting JanineDeer:

Don't be either.    He is obeying your rules, and acting like an adult.   He is not insulting you at all.    Adult children do not have to "have sleepovers" at their parents house!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)