Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am frustrated on this Mother's day.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

It has nothing to do with gifts, or lack of. I have a 5 year old and I love him very much. I would love to have a second baby but my health sucks and I will probably never get the green light for it. I used to say "I love being one and done" but times like today I wish I could have just 1 more baby. My son loves babies, he is so helpful and caring. He is one of the sweetest kids I know, he is always helpful to others and so gentle with babies. I would love to see him as a big brother, he would be so amazing.

Every time I start to think I could handle another pregnancy my health craps out again. I have had thyroid cancer, appendicitis, gall stones, UTIs, and things that haven't even been figured out yet. This is just in the last 3 years. I start to think I am doing well again, I exercise and eat right, I don't smoke or drink (never really have) and still my health just blows. It is so frustrated to basically have this decision made for me and there are people who drink, smoke, and eat nothing but shit and yet they are healthy as can be and having babies. Yes, I am jealous. I am jealous and it makes my heart hurt watching it when it should be me.

I don't have anyone to confide in because I have kept up such a tough front for so long. I hate looking weak but I feel it, days like today. I just want to have another baby and get the chance to grow my family just one more time. 

Vent over.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2014 at 5:04 PM

I don't really expect any replies but it feels good to get it out I guess.

Its_kay_10
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:08 PM
I know how you feel. My DD is three and I want another so bad, but we can't right now. Although my health isn't bad we just don't have the right living environment for another.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2014 at 5:10 PM

I get so frustrated at those that can just have them with not a care in the world. They just do it so easily. My son would be an awesome brother. He would be absolutely amazing. I can see it in his eyes when we get around anyone with a baby.

Quoting Its_kay_10: I know how you feel. My DD is three and I want another so bad, but we can't right now. Although my health isn't bad we just don't have the right living environment for another.

Its_kay_10
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:12 PM
Same with my daughter, my SIL (we live together) is pregnant and my daughter gets so excited when we talk about the new baby. I can't wait till we move so we can start trying for another. I hope you get the green light for another soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

I get so frustrated at those that can just have them with not a care in the world. They just do it so easily. My son would be an awesome brother. He would be absolutely amazing. I can see it in his eyes when we get around anyone with a baby.

Quoting Its_kay_10: I know how you feel. My DD is three and I want another so bad, but we can't right now. Although my health isn't bad we just don't have the right living environment for another.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2014 at 5:14 PM

thank you. even if there's a large gap I wouldn't care. he's already 5. I have an older brother who is 10 years older then me and he is my male best friend. I just want another child, I don't want the decision to be made for me.

Quoting Its_kay_10: Same with my daughter, my SIL (we live together) is pregnant and my daughter gets so excited when we talk about the new baby. I can't wait till we move so we can start trying for another. I hope you get the green light for another soon.
Quoting Anonymous:

MrsViau
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:14 PM
I have terrible health also and my drs told me no more babies, but I wanted another one so we had another one. And it was the best thing ever!! My son loves his sister so much! And she loves him :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2014 at 5:16 PM

you weren't scared? or worried?

Quoting MrsViau: I have terrible health also and my drs told me no more babies, but I wanted another one so we had another one. And it was the best thing ever!! My son loves his sister so much! And she loves him :)

Its_kay_10
by Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:17 PM
I have a brother 7 years younger than me and that boy was the best thing to happen to me before I had my daughter. Your son will love a sibling no matter the age gap

Quoting Anonymous:

thank you. even if there's a large gap I wouldn't care. he's already 5. I have an older brother who is 10 years older then me and he is my male best friend. I just want another child, I don't want the decision to be made for me.

Quoting Its_kay_10: Same with my daughter, my SIL (we live together) is pregnant and my daughter gets so excited when we talk about the new baby. I can't wait till we move so we can start trying for another. I hope you get the green light for another soon.

Quoting Anonymous:

MrsViau
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:18 PM
Yea, I was. I was scared to death that I wouldn't be able to carry her to term. And it came with some struggles but I held onto faith that it would be ok. And she is here and happy and healthy :) and I couldn't be happier. We are even thinking about trying for another one soon before my health gets worse.

Quoting Anonymous:

you weren't scared? or worried?

Quoting MrsViau: I have terrible health also and my drs told me no more babies, but I wanted another one so we had another one. And it was the best thing ever!! My son loves his sister so much! And she loves him :)

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:20 PM
Hugs so sorry
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)