Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dd disappeared before church....UPDATED

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies

She walked into kids church. I saw her go in there. Then we went over to help with something and she was gone. We searched the church and all the buildings. Called for her. Called her cell. She was on the playground. I about had a heart attack. She wanted to hang with her friends.

She is 11. They have the option of kid church or adult church. I think she is done with kid church.

We received an e-mail from our pastor apologizing for what happened.  I let him know that we in no way held the church responsible.  At 11, it was entirely my dd's fault.  He said they are reviewing their security steps to ensure this never happens again. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 11, 2014 at 5:37 PM

uh oh

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:39 PM
Why can't she be at the playground?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 11, 2014 at 5:40 PM
It was her and two other girls. Half the church was out looking for them. They were on the other side of the school part of the church.

I may not have freaked out so bad if my ex hadnt made threats against her.

Quoting thetrollcat:

uh oh

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 11, 2014 at 5:41 PM
Because no one knew where she was. She went into kids church and walked out when I went to regular church.

Quoting HistoryNutty: Why can't she be at the playground?
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Yes, I understand that, but why can't the playground be a choice?

Quoting Anonymous: Because no one knew where she was. She went into kids church and walked out when I went to regular church.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 11, 2014 at 5:44 PM
No one was out there with the kids. She has three options. Kid church, adult church, or stay home. She chose kid church.

Quoting HistoryNutty: Yes, I understand that, but why can't the playground be a choice?

Quoting Anonymous: Because no one knew where she was. She went into kids church and walked out when I went to regular church.

catngabsmom
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:44 PM
2 moms liked this
She is there with her family for church. Her choice was adult church or kid church, playground was not a choice. She can hang out on the playground with friends after church!

Quoting HistoryNutty: Yes, I understand that, but why can't the playground be a choice?

victoriangavin
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:45 PM
At 11 and she's responsible enough to have a cell phone I would have her text when she's leaving the area you left her in and where she's going
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:46 PM
Oh. I see. Yeah, those are good choices then.

I never received so much freedom, so I did something like that twice. Only twice. I got my butt handed to me by my mom.

Quoting Anonymous: No one was out there with the kids. She has three options. Kid church, adult church, or stay home. She chose kid church.

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2014 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Because it was time for church, not playground time. Think that's obvious but guess not.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)