Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't stand children that do this!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 344 Replies
11 moms liked this

My DD was playing with a little girl today.  My DD is four and this little girl is I think seven or eight.  Well, my sister, her husband, our father and I were standing around in the yard chatting about nothing in particular, fishing i think was the main topic between my BIL and my father, anyway, this little girl was hovering nearby listening to our conversation. I turned to her and told her to go play.  SHe didn't move.  I told her again to go play and she stood there pretending to pick at her fingernails.  I finally said to her that the adults were talking and she needed to walk away.  She finally did and went to play with my DD who knows that when adults are talking she is to entertain herself elsewhere.  

It drives me nuts when children want to be involved in every adult discussion.  I was over the edge.

Edit: this should also get your panties in a bunch ladies.  she said to me a little later that her and my dd were going to go play inside.  I said "no, the baby is sleeping and you're fine playing outside."  she then said "Well, i want to play inside" and my reply was "Then go home.  It's too nice of a day for my dd to play inside and if you want to play inside that's absolutely fine, but you have to go home to do it."  by the way, my dd was perfectly content playing outside and would not have wanted to go inside.  i'm such a jerk...i know.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2014 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on May. 11, 2014 at 6:05 PM
4 moms liked this
Agreed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2014 at 6:05 PM
12 moms liked this

Sounds like she'd do great working for the government

AJsMom81507
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 6:06 PM
29 moms liked this

you have issues

AbelsMommy01
by on May. 11, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Yeah. I hate when they come up and say something when I'm in the middle of having a conversation. It's so rude!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 11, 2014 at 6:06 PM
39 moms liked this
Well that's kind shitty. Fishing is not really an "adult topic." I like my kids to be involved in all we do, or talk about. Unless it's a true "adult topic."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 11, 2014 at 6:07 PM
65 moms liked this

Maybe, in her family, children are respected. 

LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2014 at 6:07 PM
2 moms liked this
She didn't interrupt or say anything she was just standing near them.

Quoting AbelsMommy01: Yeah. I hate when they come up and say something when I'm in the middle of having a conversation. It's so rude!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ginger0104
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2014 at 6:08 PM
3 moms liked this

Standing there listening is trying to be involved?  Wow. 

It couldn't possibly be just that she was interested in what was being said. 

desertlvn
9 moms liked this
Hmmm..... My kids love to be part of things. I guess it is how we raised them. They would have been confused by what you did.
AlleyCat08
3 moms liked this
My stepson does the exact same thing... bugs the shit out of me. Unless you are invited to the conversation, go play.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)