Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What a way to meet the neighbors on the street!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I'm new here only lived here for a month. Went outside to throw away some trash and noticed flames coming up from my neighbors house! it was only the side of the house next to the garage and we got it out before the firetrucks came and before it made its way INTO the garage. Everyone is safe.. even the six cats..  But when the 3 fire trucks and two investigation trucks a sherrifs car and a police car got here.. allll the neighbors came out.  It was nice to  meet them but i'd rather have met them a different way. but I can say I now feel really comforatable in my new home with the neighbors. They really come together. 

Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2014 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on May. 11, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Crazy.
TwoLittleFrogs
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Wow. I am glad everyone is ok.

csxt99
by Jennifer on May. 11, 2014 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad it was able to be contained quickly with minimal damage!

mrsmoonbeam
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2014 at 11:39 PM
Wow glad everyone is safe
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Had one of our neigbors dump out some ashes from their fireplace once they dumped them into a pile of dry leaves I guess they thought they were cold I lookout my window and there is a small fire in their yard about the size of a saucer or ceral bowl so I knocked on their door no answer it was still small and close to their outside faucet so I turned it on and dumped water on it got it out THEN she comes out on her pourch wanting to know what I was doing in their yard so I told her she said ok thanks and walked back in the house she was lucky it wasnt verry windy or it could have caught the house onfire it was less than five feet away from their house
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2014 at 12:04 AM

at first that's what they thought it was.. they put some embers in the trash can.. but the fire investigator said no it didn't come from the trash can at all.. Not sure what it was. Just know there were flames... the neighbors called 911. they said don't put it out... but they did anyway.. I mean come one.. a lot can happen burn in the nearly 10 min it took them to get here. 

Quoting Anonymous: Had one of our neigbors dump out some ashes from their fireplace once they dumped them into a pile of dry leaves I guess they thought they were cold I lookout my window and there is a small fire in their yard about the size of a saucer or ceral bowl so I knocked on their door no answer it was still small and close to their outside faucet so I turned it on and dumped water on it got it out THEN she comes out on her pourch wanting to know what I was doing in their yard so I told her she said ok thanks and walked back in the house she was lucky it wasnt verry windy or it could have caught the house onfire it was less than five feet away from their house

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 12, 2014 at 1:08 AM
I know what you mean we live in sight of our fire station and I got it out in less time than it would have taken to call 911 and give them the address AND for them to have gotten in the truck and drove down the house was only like 5 houses away from the station so I didnt call if it had been right up agenst the house I Would have

Quoting Anonymous:

at first that's what they thought it was.. they put some embers in the trash can.. but the fire investigator said no it didn't come from the trash can at all.. Not sure what it was. Just know there were flames... the neighbors called 911. they said don't put it out... but they did anyway.. I mean come one.. a lot can happen burn in the nearly 10 min it took them to get here. 

Quoting Anonymous: Had one of our neigbors dump out some ashes from their fireplace once they dumped them into a pile of dry leaves I guess they thought they were cold I lookout my window and there is a small fire in their yard about the size of a saucer or ceral bowl so I knocked on their door no answer it was still small and close to their outside faucet so I turned it on and dumped water on it got it out THEN she comes out on her pourch wanting to know what I was doing in their yard so I told her she said ok thanks and walked back in the house she was lucky it wasnt verry windy or it could have caught the house onfire it was less than five feet away from their house

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)