Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do you...

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 12:56 AM
  • 6 Replies

Discipline your LO? I use to spank but now I am trying other forms. Like taking stuff away and corners. 

by on May. 12, 2014 at 12:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
the_dude
by abides on May. 12, 2014 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this
They're old enough now, where I can take them aside and discuss why what they did was wrong, why they shouldn't do it, and other/better ways to deal with them... mostly... dd just turned three and we still get the occasional tantrum. As infants and young toddlers I always just redirected... at that age, they don't understand right from wrong...

PeppermintyTea
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Mainly time outs, and loss of privileges. Also lots of positive reinforcement for good behavior. The more attention, and praise they get for the good stuff the more often they will try for that... At least in my experience that's what works for my kids.
Nyk1187
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:09 AM
I usually give a warning once of the consequence ("if you don't listen in the grocery store, you're riding in the cart") or an incentive to behave ("if you leave the park when mommy says so without whining, we will go get ice cream"). She's 2.

Then if she acts up, I take away the reward or administer the consequence and remind her of why that's happening. Time outs happen but aren't that effective I find. An occasional single swat on the butt for exceptional sassiness has happened, too, but the above seems to work best for now.
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:18 AM

Time out and no technology

BestSNEver
by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Depends on offense and stuff. My kids are 6 , 7 and 9. We usually take stuff away. I don't have to punish my kids very often though.
thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 12, 2014 at 1:23 AM

nag... lecture... tell them Ill shuttup if they will please just go do it... ignore them.... refuse to allow them to do or have anything.... sometimes take it away...

For example I specifically told the eight year old DO NOT put anything or bring anything to the upper level of the house!!!!

So what did she do!???? she runs out to the damn garage gets the damn Angry Bird board game and sets it up on my KITCHEN FLOOR! So I told her and reminded her I didnt want shit all over my upper part of the house! Take it to her room and she can step on it for all I care.... She didnt listen and ignored me. I countred to three she starts picking the pieces up but the second I turned around she went back to playing with it.

So,. I picked it up put the game back in the bag and then she tried to take the bag from me I told her OH HELL NO GURL~! And put the game in my closet told her she cannot have the game back. And if she puts anything else in my upper level I will give no warnigs it will just disappear.

She quit :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)