Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My husband is suing Wal-mart, hopefully he wins.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Both my husband and I went to Wal-mart on our day off for grocery shopping and my husband grabbed the cart and he cut hisself then he slipped on a wet floor and there was no wet floor sign and I was in the car finding my wallet since I dropped it on the floorboard, it fell out of my purse. I went in and that what he told me after I saw what happened to him. He was hurt badly he hurt his back and twisted his ankle and he couldn't get up. He told me he also cut his hand on a faulty cart. A store manager called the ambulance on him and he was rushed to the hospital and I used my husband's car and drove there as quickly as possible. His back was broken and has to have immediate surgery and he had stitches on his hands. He been in the hospital for 2 weeks now and trying to walk, right now he's in a wheelchair when he goes out of his room. My husband has health insurance, but it won't pay for all of his expenses. He's not working at the moment and he's on medical leave after he told his boss what happened and I'm working so right now we have to make some budget cuts and I told my 2 sons that we're on a strict budget for a while and making some sacrifices. I don't make nearly as much as my husband does and hopefully he'll get better and be able to work again. He is going to sue Wal-mart for a lot of money and make them pay his medical bills that don't cover by insurance. I pray that he wins. If he does, then he could use the money to pay off the house because we're paying mortgage, put some money for the boys' college fund, go on a family vacation, and donate money to charities. If you want, please pray for my husband to get better and hopefully he wins the case since he was badly injured.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Replies (11-20):
Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on May. 12, 2014 at 1:17 AM

This.

Quoting Anonymous:

People can never be accountable for their own decisions and the things that happen to them anymore these days without pointing fingers and suing. How pathetic.

csxt99
by Jennifer on May. 12, 2014 at 1:18 AM

This makes more sense to me than what I was picturing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting csxt99:

He broke his back by falling on the floor?  How?

He said he slipped on a wet floor and sliding on the floor and hit his back on the shelves and he said he felt a sharp pain on his back and he said it felt like something popped in his back. My nephew works as a maintinence at this Wal-mart and I talked to him on the phone about that and he was off that day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 12, 2014 at 1:18 AM
5 moms liked this
I'll light a candle for him to heal, but I won't pray for you to get a vacation out of his accident. Sorry.
poietes
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:18 AM
I don't understand why people go right for suing. Yes get a lawyer to make it legal but you can and should get a nice settlement with suing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 12, 2014 at 1:20 AM
I call troll! This is complete bullshit!
LadyVoldemort
by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this

good luck, walmart rarely comes out of a lawsuit looking like the bad guy

4everJs
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:20 AM
Ummmmm no.

You sound like my mother in law, when my brother in law got in a major accident and totaled his car and was sent to the hospital the first thing she asked was if he called the insurance company and how much he would be getting.

We don't talk to her anymore...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 12, 2014 at 1:21 AM
lol 💲💲💲💲💲💲💲

Quoting Short_cake88:

That was a lot of words and not a lot of coherency.

doulala
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:22 AM
2 moms liked this

The store likely has a video of it and if that is what happened would probably settle.    

GL!

almburr
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this
If the store was truly negligent, then they should cover cost of medical and time lost from work. Not a windfall payment, those payout are rare and far and few between.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)