Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Go The F*** To SLEEP

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
Three a.m. Just tapped out, it's DH's turn. Half asleep trying to google answers and I can't find anything.

DD is 17 months. Used to be an excellent sleeper, hardly ever woke up. Blissful, so blissful.

For the past week or more she's been waking up every two hours, hysterical. She's not even completely awake, her eyes never open. The first thing that happens is an IMMEDIATE stream of loud babbling. Absolutely inconsolable unless we get her out of bed (haven't done that in a while, don't want to encourage).

Basically we end up patting her back for a half an hour until she falls asleep (after a half an hour of trying to calm her down) only to wake up two hours later and do it again.

No changes in her routine, who she sees day to day, diet, bowels, nothing. We've tried everything. Tossing around the idea of making a doctor appointment, but I'm a ftm and I have no idea what is normal.

I'll give you a hug if you can point me in whichever direction I can find the answer.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 2:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2014 at 2:53 AM
Maybe should mention that during these episodes, NOTHING makes her happy. She wants the blanket on, then screams no and tosses it out of the crib. She picks her pillow up, moves it to the other side, then freaks out and moves it back. I'd call them tantrums if she were awake.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2014 at 2:55 AM
For the love of beans I'm so tired.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 12, 2014 at 2:56 AM
I shouldn't have slept until 2 pm or I'd be asleep too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 12, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Sorry mama :( is letting her sleep with you, an option?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Bump
lilmommy1991
by on May. 12, 2014 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Well I would say maybe tummy issues or maybe an ear infection those are both problems that would keep my dd up at night like that when she was little and with the ear infections we never had any of the typical signs like pulling or running at her ear or a fever...just a thought
frndlyfn
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:56 AM

Night terrors, quite simply put.  It is best not to wake her up if this is the case and just stand back to make sure she does not hurt herself.  It is worth it to talk to her doctor though just to make sure.  My girl never went through night terrors but this is what i have heard from friends who had to deal with them when their toddler hit this stage.

Cassie2115
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:56 AM
Night terrors?
MedicMommy2
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Growth spurt, bored and just changing shit up, maybe she has outgrown a nap. Oh yeah and the usual answer....shes a kid, everytime you have something down or a routine works....they change it up on you. Usually when my kids go through growth spurts their sleeping is all wonkey. My daughter woke up at midnight every night for 3 weeks to eat at about 2 then again right before 3. 

Sharbear42371
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:57 AM

Sorry mama I have no idea.  That has to suck.  Hugs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)