Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This women just left her six year old alone...

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 5:38 AM
  • 354 Replies
3 moms liked this
At the baseball park. My DD playes tball. The kids had a game on Saturday. When it ended I grabbed DD and as we are pulling out I see one of her younger team mates standing in the parking lot between cars crying so I stopped. I ask where his Mom was and he said she left because her car wasn't where it was before. So I take the boy back to dugout and both coaches have already left as well. I can't believe they didn't make sure all the kids got to their parents safely! So nobody can find the Mom and nobody has her number. I finally was able to get a hold of the coach and get the Moms number. She had went home and thought the game would last longer. Who does this?!?There is always somebody with my dd whether it be myself, DH, 16 year old dd, or even a babysitter. So do you leave your young child alone at sporting events? Also the boy could have been hit by a car as it gets crazy after a game when everyone is trying to leave. It took about 20 min.to locate Mom and her to get up there and get him.
by on May. 12, 2014 at 5:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
andersongirl562
by on May. 12, 2014 at 5:39 AM
B
andersongirl562
by on May. 12, 2014 at 5:39 AM
B
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 5:45 AM
78 moms liked this
Forget calling her, I'd have called the cops.
Tasha911471
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 5:48 AM
1 mom liked this
This is sad I so would not leave my child when they are that young my DS is 8 almost 9 and I still would not leave him with out myself or babysitter .
caligirl7613
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2014 at 5:49 AM
15 moms liked this
Well my mom did us that way honestly but she was always back before practice ended. She never missed games though. Infact i would say 90 percent of my teams moms did this. We thought the ones who stayed were weird.
amc103
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 5:50 AM
10 moms liked this

TERRIBLE! Oh my gosh, that poor child! :-( :-( It breaks my heart. 6 years old is TOO YOUNG to be left alone anywhere, but especially at a game like that! What if some nasty man had come to "watch the game" Oh man.....that should be reported. :-(

DensHag
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 5:51 AM
4 moms liked this
This is awful. We had to tell the coach that we were leaving with our kid and if we were giving rides to others. The coaches didn't leave til all the kids were accounted for leaving or with a parent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 5:52 AM
9 moms liked this

When my kids were little, they played soccer and while I never left them alone at the field, many parents did.  The coaches were always very careful to make sure that no child left the field without his or her parent.  While I blame the mom in this situation I also blame the coach.  The child should never have been free to go to the parking lot without a responsible adult.

andersongirl562
by on May. 12, 2014 at 5:52 AM
1 mom liked this
We don't ever dropp dd 6 off. There are two coaches to watch 12 kids. When they need to potty they just send them alone. The bathrooms are not any where near the field.

Quoting caligirl7613: Well my mom did us that way honestly but she was always back before practice ended. She never missed games though. Infact i would say 90 percent of my teams moms did this. We thought the ones who stayed were weird.
polkaspots
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2014 at 5:53 AM
1 mom liked this
When I was eleven and in dance the farthest my dad went was to the Dunkin donuts next door.
Once he went home to pick up my mother and sister so we could all go out to eat afterwards.
That's just crazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)