Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Finally DH is bad cop.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 150 Replies
DH has full custody of his son, my step son. DHs ex sees SS very rarely and inconsistently.

DH tries to make up for SS mom being a POS by babying SS. He rarely ever disciplines SS and doesn't follow through with the discipline I set. Granted DH is not home often.

But anyways.

Ss is somewhat special needs. We aren't exsctly sure what his true DX is since we keep getting different DXs. But he is in therapy.
He is very very smart. Very very very smart. And very manipulative. Even his therapist say he is manipulative.

Anyways.

So yesterday DH and SS were loading the car for us to take SS to his moms and to go to my moms house. I was feeding our baby.

DH asked SS to do something and they were arguing and SS started pitching a fit. DH walked away from him. Told him to calm down and do what he was told.

DH comes in the house and we were talking about what else needed to go in the car. SS walks in with DHs work tablet. Shattered. He had a giant smile on his face.

First Ss tried to say he accidentally dropped it. But the screen was shattered in 3 places. You could clearly see 3 points of impact
When DH started questioning him the truth came out. SS should have never had it in the first place. It was in the case and in DHs briefcase. Ss had no reason to take it out. He's not allowed to play with it and knows it.

He took it out of the briefcase, out of the protective case and smashed it with a rock. He still had the rock in his pocket,

DH yelled at him a lot.

Then refused to talk to him.

He backed all of his stuff into bags and loaded them into the van. SS was asking him the whole time what he was doing but DH didn't say a word.

We took SS to his moms and DH got all of Ss stuff out and told his ex she was going to keep him indefinitely. She said she couldn't. DH got even more mad. She said that she wanted him for only a few hours and would bring him back and if we refused to take him she would call defac to get him.

So she brought him back last night. DH still hasn't said a word to SS.

SS is beig very sweet and very nice to me for once. Normally he is very mean and hits and screams at me.

I don't know why DH is surprised by this. This is not the first time he has done something like this but it is the first time he has done something to DH.

Idk what he plans on doing from here but he was looking online at group homes.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 11:08 AM
24 moms liked this

So, your husband finally decides to discipline, and his action is to give his son to a person that obviously doesn't care about him?  No wonder this poor kid has issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 11:09 AM
How old?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2014 at 11:11 AM
I think he is just at the end of his rope. Granted I deal with these kinds of things everyday.

And when I would want to DH he would say "oh he's just a kid" or "I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose."

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

So, your husband finally decides to discipline, and his action is to give his son to a person that obviously doesn't care about him?  No wonder this poor kid has issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2014 at 11:11 AM

Quoting Anonymous: How old?
nolongermstkn
by on May. 12, 2014 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Or too a group home.

Op y'all are pathetic.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kdjdod081013
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 11:12 AM
2 moms liked this
Holy hell. I got nothin' for this fuckery. That kid doesn't need a group home, he needs a fucking PARENT.
blue-heart
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2014 at 11:12 AM
So your dh is just going to send his son a way? That is pretty shitty.
mandaday
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM
2 moms liked this
Boy, your husband knows absolutely nothing about discipline at all, does he? He totally ignores problem behavior until it's his toy that gets broken, then goes way overboard and immature.
How old is ss?
skittleshawk
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Call cps and let them take the kid so he has a shot at being with someone that will care about him.Your hubby is acting like an idiot.so it was ok before but the first time it's something of hubby's he has To go to a group home that's bs
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM
1 mom liked this

So he never properly teaches his son any discipline, then gets pissed when son does something wrong and is looking to dump his son off as a result?  Man I hope you and your kids are PERFECT.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)