Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

jeans shopping SUCKS!!!

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 11:54 AM
  • 204 Replies
I've recently dropped quite a bit of weight due to stress and health issues. Not that I mind. Lol. But its gotten a little ridiculous and none of my clothes fit. I wasn't big before but I had a lil padding...i was 125ish. I'm 5'3. Built pretty small. I wore a size 5. I have no clue what I weigh now but I just got back from jeans shopping and I had to buy a size 1 and they were slightly loose. The 0s fit but kind of muffin topped me.

I shopped allllll morning and could only find one pair of jeans that fit and looked decent. I tried on so friggin many. They either made my ass flat, gave me a muffin top, were way too high waisted, the legs were so long I walked on them....you name it.

Where do you all find jeans? I like trendy-ish skinny jeans or boot cut...i like low rise but not so low rise that my ass crack is sticking out...what brand jeans work for you?
by on May. 12, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Joie35
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:58 PM
Bump
MommySwiggles
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:59 PM
I buy mine from American eagle and Maurice's.
Joie35
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:01 PM
Hmmm. We have a Maurices at the Mentor mall...I will have to try there next time I go.

Quoting MommySwiggles: I buy mine from American eagle and Maurice's.
Mrs.Missi
by punk rock princess on May. 12, 2014 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Old Navy is where I buy mine. They have so many different cuts that your bound to find something you like. Plus their prices are reasonable.
Joie35
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:03 PM
Doesn't Old Navy run like on the bigger side? I remember buying pants there after my last kid was born and I was bigger (like a size 7-9) and I ended up buying a size 4...

Quoting Mrs.Missi: Old Navy is where I buy mine. They have so many different cuts that your bound to find something you like. Plus their prices are reasonable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 1:08 PM
4 moms liked this
Go eat some donuts and that will help solve your problem.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM

maurices and kohls.

i buy the lucky brand also. luckybrand.com

BabyDamien13107
by Mrs.C on May. 12, 2014 at 1:10 PM
I like American Eagle.
Joie35
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Lol not really. I wish. I eat but I just can't seem to hold onto weight al of a sudden. im sure it has something to do with stress and all the health problems I've been dealing with.

i didn't think id dropped all that much til i started trying to shop. I knew my clothes were too big but they don't seem HUGE big to me...i guess 2 sizes two big isn't really all that much when you wear belts all the time anyway.

Quoting Anonymous: Go eat some donuts and that will help solve your problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 1:13 PM
I shop at buckle I'm a 00 and true religion.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)