Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do people rent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
Without knowing their state landlord tenant laws? Have you read your state laws? Did you read every word on your lease?

Why be ignorant about your rights?

It's so frustrating after reading the eviction post how many people don't know their own state laws or that the laws vary from state to state.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 12:30 PM
9 moms liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I did. When i was 18, I'd go on the state website and read all the landlord and tenant laws just for the sake of wanting to. It helped me a lot when i started renting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Honesly I have never read the laws, but we have never had an issue with paying or our landlord. I probably should read it just in case.

Kriskash25
by Kristina on May. 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM
I'm currently renting to save money to buy a house cash out. We got rid of all the payments and loans, downsized, and learned to live simple. We are 4 years away :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Why do people use car seats without reading the manual or understanding the laws? Why do people use lawn mowers as hedge trimmers? People don't think of it and some people are stupid as well.
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM

I read my whole lease, but I've not read the state laws in every state where I've rented. Or in any state where I've rented. Idk, I pay my rent on time (early if they accept it) and always leave a place in equal or better shape than when I moved in. I've always gotten my deposits back and never had trouble other than some LLs not being prompt about fixing minor issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM
3 moms liked this
Thanks for reading more than the title...

Quoting Kriskash25: I'm currently renting to save money to buy a house cash out. We got rid of all the payments and loans, downsized, and learned to live simple. We are 4 years away :)
PeachQuean
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:33 PM
I live in northern Ontario and I know mine. Lol
ivy801
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Keep forgetting to read those laws.
bakerytreatz16
by on May. 12, 2014 at 12:34 PM
Why do people rent sex toys?

(And yes, i know the laws and my lease.).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)