Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 12:39 PM
  • 15 Replies

So today is my birthday, and birthday greetings are rolling in on Facebook. It got me thinking:

The Good: It is really fun to hear from people that are old childhood friends, who I would have lost contact with years ago without Facebook.

The Bad: Some people (my own brother!) seem to think that sending a Facebook birthday greeting eliminates the need to call your loved ones on their birthday.

The Ugly: When someone else has the same birthday, and you see mutual FB friends post a greeting on theirs and not yours! Bwah ha ha ha!  (NOTE for the spazzes out there--I think it is funny, I am not actually hurt by this.  I am certainly guilty of this as well, given that some of my "friends" are old work acquaintances, etc that I am not close to in the slightest...)

What do other Facebook users think of FB birthday greetings? Are you guilty of posting a happy birthday on someone's wall that you really should be calling instead?!

by on May. 12, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rgba
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:40 PM

B

rgba

U

rgba

M

rgba

P

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 12, 2014 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Fb has to much drama and I avoid it like the plague!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM
I don't do FB.

So here's a BUMP!!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! :D
CGM2012
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM

I dont have family that I'm close to really, so I dont call many people for their b-day. I send a facebook message and if I have their phone number a text. I usually try to find a cute/funny happy birthday picture that applies to our relationship somehow and post it on their wall.

SuperPickle
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I think FB bdays are fun. Those that I am close with always get at least a phone call in addition to a FB funny.

This is my go-to FB bday card...

CGM2012
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Happy Birthday!!!

If you lick the frosting off a cupcake it becomes a muffin and muffins are healthy. Hahahaha!

rgba
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Quoting Anonymous: I don't do FB. So here's a BUMP!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN