Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Homeschooling

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
My stepson is extremely behind. If we take the time to homeschool. When he goes back to school. Can he go to his right grade? Anybody homeschool than transition to a public school.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
phoenix7
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:45 PM

he might need to be placement tested but honestly i dont know...just a thought

hippy mamma to lots of lovies

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:47 PM

That is what we did. We held our kids out of school until we thought they were ready and we homeschooled. They went into the proper grades with their peers when we finally enrolled the. DD went into 1st and DS went into 2nd.

conweis
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM

The school will do a placement test. You should look on your state and county's websites about their grade level standards when you decided to place them back into school.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 12:51 PM

Quoting conweis:

The school will do a placement test. You should look on your state and county's websites about their grade level standards when you decided to place them back into school.

Depends on the state homeschooling laws. Our school district doesn't do a placement test, kids go into the grade they are suppose to be in based on their age and go from there.

conweis
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:01 PM

My state is a commonwealth so each locality has it own rules. When I put ds2 in school they did a placement test.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting conweis:

Depends on the state homeschooling laws. Our school district doesn't do a placement test, kids go into the grade they are suppose to be in based on their age and go from there.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:01 PM

LOL. So is mine.

Quoting conweis:

My state is a commonwealth so each locality has it own rules. When I put ds2 in school they did a placement test.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Quoting conweis:

2kids2dogs2cats
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:03 PM

How old is he?  What are the reasons he is behind? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 1:14 PM

That depends on the laws and your school district. Law in Ohio states a school district may do a placement test to determine where your child belongs. In my case, it didn't happen.

Kriskash25
by Kristina on May. 12, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Yeah with k12. My kids have gotten caught up and ahead we love it. My oldest will do a hybrid k12 half a day at junior high and half at home with me. I want to keep tabs of her math and language arts, the others she can do at school.
LilzMommy
by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Yes I homeschooled 2nd grade and dd went back to public school 3rd grade based on age. No difficulties. Good luck to you mama (:
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)