Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How much real outside interaction do you get? (not with family)

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:08 PM
  • 81 Replies

I could probably go weeks with only talking to my kids/husband/mother and gym partner. But I have friends, but we only see each other about once a month. 

I guess I can count the people I train at work.  But its on the phone, I don't really see anyone and its teaching more than actual interaction. And I either do that a lot (lately) or not at all for months. 

by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spunky946
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:08 PM

I usually see people every day at school drop off or pick up, plus I meet friends for breakfast or lunch and do mom's night out

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 12, 2014 at 1:09 PM
2 moms liked this
I see people when I drop off or pick up DS from.school. If I didn't do that I could go weeks too.
theosgirl45
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:09 PM

If there isn't school the only people I talk to that don't live with me are delivery people and the landlord/maintence men.  During school I talk to the other moms at the bus stop in the morning and in the after noon.

brokenmelody
by Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:09 PM
My friends all live very far away. No family here. It sucks.
rebeccarae
by Bec on May. 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM
I have multiple friends that I hang out, some weekly, some every other week, sometimes it'll be three days in a row, just varies. They all have kids so my DS gets play dates out of it.
BAMFSFW
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM

Every day in some way. We hang out w/ our friends every weekend, sometimes more. 

halleys_mommy_1
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:11 PM
I have a set girls date twice a week. I need it. Ds is special needs and is exhausting.

Dh goes and does his work and then sometimes goes to a movie alone. He doesnt do people as hes dealing w the public all day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM
I see some friends 4 times a week at little league and my other friends we get together every two weeks for a night of no kids fun.
NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Outside interaction?!  HA!

elwalters77
by The Singing Teacher on May. 12, 2014 at 1:12 PM
I see my students and some of their parents each week at their lessons. I see people I know at the stores and the bank, at school pick up on occasion and at my kids' activities. Working from home I have a little more time so I'm trying to get out of the house for fun more often.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)