Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do certain kids just give you a bad vibe?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
Ds befriended this one kid in the neighborhood... I don't like him. I don't really know why, but that's how i felt since I first met him.

Everything he does, frustrates me. I don't like how he 'attacks' my son, then runs across the street to hide so ds can't 'attack' back... sometimes its playful, like the water gun fight. .. other times, he'll pick up sticks and throw them at ds/my back patio . They aren't little sticks either. They're about the size of my arm- in length and width and its kinda like wth!

I feel like he's a really bad influence on ds but i can't make them not play when its a group playing together. Like he'll make ds feel bad that i won't let him play in or by the street (25 mph, but people speed)... when he's by the street, he's throwing those sticks at cars! I won't let ds do that, but then he (the friend) freaks bc I'm watching them when they are playing in the front, making sure ds doesn't go by the street.

Ugh. Ds is 8 and making his own friends but i really wish i could be like no, you aren't playing with this one kid... but then that'd mean he can't play with the other 3 kids in the neighborhood.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 1:17 PM

I struggle with that too.

Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on May. 12, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Just like some adults are assholes, some children are assholes. Just the way the world works. 

BestSNEver
by on May. 12, 2014 at 1:18 PM

I have met kids who give off bad vibes. Thankfully they have been kids who my kids dislike because they were jerks. 

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on May. 12, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Honestly, I don't like many other kid's besides my own. But, I imagine asshole adults were once asshole kids.
Kriskash25
by Kristina on May. 12, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Yeah some kids just seem pure evil.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 1:27 PM
My dd has a bff that I can't stand! She always depressed about some boy that broke her heart, she's overweight and blames it on her parents and she's a cutter and is always talking about sex. Dd thinks being her friend will boost the girl's self esteem and make her a better person, but think she's a bad influence and wish she'd stay away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2014 at 1:28 PM

ugh. i wish ds was more... picky... aware..? of who he becomes friends with. there's another kid that he's forever fighting with. one day, he'll tell me that he decided to not be friends with the kid anymore b/c he's pushy, mean, always telling him what to do or say and whatever other reasons. then hours later, ds is out playing with him.... only for him to come in and say, he's doing this, this and that and i'm not gonna play with him anymore... but it'll switch to, i'm gonna give him one more chance.. at this point, its like dude, i dont even wanna hear it anymore

Quoting BestSNEver:

I have met kids who give off bad vibes. Thankfully they have been kids who my kids dislike because they were jerks. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2014 at 1:31 PM

ah! sounds like a teenager! like pre-teenage years! so not looking forward to that. your dd is in a hard place b/c she wants to make the girl better... yet she cant because that 'better' needs to come from within-- not an outside source. granted, most teenagers/even adults, dont understand that (hell- I'M still struggling with that. i have one aquantience that i want to make better, but she just uses it as a way to get me to give in to her. i finally put my foot down last month lol).... hopefully your DD will learn from this and make her an even better person. =)

Quoting Anonymous: My dd has a bff that I can't stand! She always depressed about some boy that broke her heart, she's overweight and blames it on her parents and she's a cutter and is always talking about sex. Dd thinks being her friend will boost the girl's self esteem and make her a better person, but think she's a bad influence and wish she'd stay away.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2014 at 1:32 PM

i'm so glad that i'm not the only one who feels like this. i was beginning to feel like the worlds worst person b/c i have such... dislike towards a child! lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 1:40 PM
Yeah, 14 and has all the compassion in the world. She wants to save all the animals and feed all the hungry kids of the world and sadly only time and life experience will teach her that you can't save 'em all

Quoting Anonymous:

ah! sounds like a teenager! like pre-teenage years! so not looking forward to that. your dd is in a hard place b/c she wants to make the girl better... yet she cant because that 'better' needs to come from within-- not an outside source. granted, most teenagers/even adults, dont understand that (hell- I'M still struggling with that. i have one aquantience that i want to make better, but she just uses it as a way to get me to give in to her. i finally put my foot down last month lol).... hopefully your DD will learn from this and make her an even better person. =)

Quoting Anonymous: My dd has a bff that I can't stand! She always depressed about some boy that broke her heart, she's overweight and blames it on her parents and she's a cutter and is always talking about sex. Dd thinks being her friend will boost the girl's self esteem and make her a better person, but think she's a bad influence and wish she'd stay away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)