Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you regret the baby name you chose?

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 2:36 PM
  • 221 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you regret the baby name you chose? If so, what steps have you taken? (Ex: using a nickname, middle name, changing it, etc.)

by on May. 12, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MicheleJM
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:37 PM

I wish I had named ds11 after my father or used his name as a middle.  My ex was set against naming our sons after anyone in the family either mine or his.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Yes :(I named my child after his dad and my dad. I like his middle name so that's what I call him. However, as my first child it's nowhere near what I wanted.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Nope, we thought hard and talked a lot about names we loved and wanted together.

raegansmom
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM

I had planned on naming DD "Mia" up until I was about 5 months pregnant.  Then, I read that Mia was the 'it' name of 2007, so we switched to Raegan.  I haven't met another little girl names Mia, but I have ran into several other Raegans.  I'm not going to do anything about it, it just is what it is.  I like both names. 

drowningmama
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes.  About 2 years later the name made a big BOOM in world of baby names.  I thought it was different and unique - - not anymore.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM
2 moms liked this

my ydd name is Skyla but it should have been Lilly Beth but dh was being an asshole and wasnot around for a week before i gave birth so i changed and now he has to live with the fact he was an asshole during the last week of my pregnancy but i like her name

Octobersmom
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM

No, we love her name and she is very proud of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM
It got popular, but oh well. I love her name, as does she.
LilzMommy
by on May. 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM
5 moms liked this
My oldest is Olivia (15), but I truly wanted just "Liv" like Steven Tyler's daughter. My family threw a fit! Now she goes exclusively by LIV & will legally change it on her 18th birthday (:
quinnsmom715
by Donna on May. 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM

when i thought about baby names when i was pregnant,i wanted dennis henry after my dad and granddad,my ex was ok with henry but suggested quinn for a first name.the minute i heard it,i loved it.ten years later,i have no regrets..quinn fits him and i love that name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)