Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you regret the baby name you chose?

Cafe Steph
Sunday at 9:01 PM
Lets Watch The Walking Dead Episode 2 Together! - CafeMom

The second episode of The Walking Dead airs Sunday, October 19th! Meet us here at 9pm EST as we watch and discuss the show

Posted by on May. 12, 2014 at 2:36 PM
  • 221 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you regret the baby name you chose? If so, what steps have you taken? (Ex: using a nickname, middle name, changing it, etc.)

by on May. 12, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MicheleJM
by Phoenix on May. 12, 2014 at 2:37 PM

I wish I had named ds11 after my father or used his name as a middle.  My ex was set against naming our sons after anyone in the family either mine or his.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Yes :(I named my child after his dad and my dad. I like his middle name so that's what I call him. However, as my first child it's nowhere near what I wanted.
Raeann11
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:38 PM

Nope, we thought hard and talked a lot about names we loved and wanted together.

raegansmom
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM

I had planned on naming DD "Mia" up until I was about 5 months pregnant.  Then, I read that Mia was the 'it' name of 2007, so we switched to Raegan.  I haven't met another little girl names Mia, but I have ran into several other Raegans.  I'm not going to do anything about it, it just is what it is.  I like both names. 

drowningmama
by vendetta on May. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes.  About 2 years later the name made a big BOOM in world of baby names.  I thought it was different and unique - - not anymore.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM
2 moms liked this

my ydd name is Skyla but it should have been Lilly Beth but dh was being an asshole and wasnot around for a week before i gave birth so i changed and now he has to live with the fact he was an asshole during the last week of my pregnancy but i like her name

Octobersmom
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2014 at 2:39 PM

No, we love her name and she is very proud of it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM
It got popular, but oh well. I love her name, as does she.
LilzMommy
by on May. 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM
5 moms liked this
My oldest is Olivia (15), but I truly wanted just "Liv" like Steven Tyler's daughter. My family threw a fit! Now she goes exclusively by LIV & will legally change it on her 18th birthday (:
quinnsmom715
by Donna on May. 12, 2014 at 2:40 PM

when i thought about baby names when i was pregnant,i wanted dennis henry after my dad and granddad,my ex was ok with henry but suggested quinn for a first name.the minute i heard it,i loved it.ten years later,i have no regrets..quinn fits him and i love that name.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)