Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Saving money!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Let's all put our top ideas together for saving money on a daily basis here. I'll start:. 

Never buy another cookbook. I had to stop myself yesterday at Half Price Books then I thought of all the places I can get recipes for free : library, friends, internet, this site.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2014 at 3:48 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Mobile Photo

FFS
Lostinindy
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2014 at 3:54 PM
Live so far in the sticks there is no fast food within 30 miles. I save money because I have to cook at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gingerszabo21
by on May. 12, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Instead of having my husband buy snacks out of the vending machine I buy the snack sized baggies from Dollar Tree (50 for $1) and make batches of caramel corn, snickerdoodles, chocolate marshmallow cookies, etc, bag them up, and put them inside of a large tupperware container in the freezer.  I have it hidden so he wont find the snacks and eat them all at home.

Instead of buying canned beans I buy dried beans in bulk (black beans, white navy bean, and pintos- their the cheapest).  I can cook 2 pounds at a time in my crock pot and I freeze them in plastic freezer containers that I buy at thrift store and garage sales.

hot_momma633
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2014 at 4:08 PM
This. I'm in the same boat.

Quoting Lostinindy: Live so far in the sticks there is no fast food within 30 miles. I save money because I have to cook at home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2014 at 4:20 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)