Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ever contributed to a bake sale?? *UPDATE*

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies

There's a bake sale fundraiser going on for the kids' school this weekend and I've been asked to supply some baked goods, pre-wrapped and labeled for sale, to the cause. Last time, we were able to send prepackaged, store-bought goods, but this time it's taking place in front of a supermarket so everything must be homemade and I'm at a loss as to what to make.

I'm not one of those Pinteresty moms who wants to go overboard with everything, lol. I just want to do something cheap, tasty, easy to bake, and easy to sell.

Any ideas for what to make and how much to price it for a school fundraiser?

*UPDATE* I wound up making brownies and Oreo cupcakes and pricing everything for $1. Everything sold out quickly and customers clamored for more. It was a huge success with the bake sale earning nearly $600! Thanks for all your ideas! :)

Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:03 AM

RICE KRISPIE TREATS, brownies, chocolate chip cookies. 

ncbirdie
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:06 AM

No bakes.  Super easy and absolutely delicious.

lulalacroix
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Do some rice krispy treats on a stick, dipped in chocolate with sprinkles.  They could sell for $1 each.  And they are easy, fun to make, and will sell like hotcakes.

Rlmama00
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:11 AM

You can always cheat and buy the grocery store bakery cookies and repackage them. Put two or three in those cellophane goodie bags with some ribbon in the school colors. Or make s'mores sets. Use the cellophane bags and package up a marshmallow, piece of a Hershey bar and 2 graham crackers. We did a few bake sales for our cheer team in the fall and the s'mores were big sellers. One of the other big sellers was the cupcakes or cookies made with the boxed Reese's mix. They are yummy.  I love to bake from scratch, but those Reese's cookies are delicious and taste homemade. Put whatever you decide to bring in a nice basket or cutesy box to give it the homemade feel, even if it's not. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2014 at 3:24 AM

Cake mix cookies. It doesn't get any easier and they are really good. Do out of the norm flavors, they always get a lot of attention.

polkaspots
by Ruby Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:37 AM
I make cookies every August for the school supply fundraiser my church does. Just regular cookies. Sugar, oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip, peanut butter and then I make a batch of vegan cookies with craisins (half have dark chocolate)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sparklepants747
by Queen Annie on May. 13, 2014 at 3:42 AM

Brownies or cookie bars are always a good bet. 

Foolynroo2
by Emerald Member on May. 13, 2014 at 6:18 AM

cheap tasty, easy

set that bar high.

buy a tube of chocolate chip cookie dough

bake

put in bags

done.

putting a little effort in won't kill you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 13, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Thanks!

Quoting MixedCooke:

RICE KRISPIE TREATS, brownies, chocolate chip cookies. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 13, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Ooh, that's another good idea! Thank you!

Quoting ncbirdie:

No bakes.  Super easy and absolutely delicious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)