Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Son wants circumcision

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies
My 13 year old wants Circumcision he his upset that we did not do this at birth. He knows no one else this not circumcised and he is sick of feeling different. What should I do?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 13, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
zacmacsmomm
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2014 at 12:41 PM

Take him to a doctor, let the doctor explain it to him

JessMc33
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this
Tell him when he is an adult he can if he stills feel that. way. At 13 every child is unhappy with something on their body, but that is an irreversible decision.

Oh and quit trolling too.
FabAnonLife
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 12:43 PM

How does he know whether everyone else is or isn't? And if he wants that talk to the pedi about it, they should inform him of what exactly they'd do and what he would expect so that he has the info

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2014 at 12:43 PM
He's old enough that if that is what he wants. I'm pretty sure I would be ok with it. After all I'm not a guy so I wouldn't understand feeling that way. Take him to a dr and let him talk to the dr about it.
wamom223
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM

We have agreed that if our son wants it done later we will agree and pay for it but not at 13.  I mean that is ridiculous to even think a 13 year old is capable of making this kind of decision when he so easily believed he doesn't know anyone else that isn't.  To be honest I would sit down and discuss with him why you didn't do it and everything that will happen if he decides to do it.  

zeenah
by Zarah on May. 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM

13 year olds see other naked kids. If they play in sports or play in gym and change in locker rooms. Maybe another kid pointed his out and he's embarrassed.

Quoting FabAnonLife:

How does he know whether everyone else is or isn't? And if he wants that talk to the pedi about it, they should inform him of what exactly they'd do and what he would expect so that he has the info

Big sister to be!

Gorilla_Mama
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2014 at 12:59 PM

Would you let him get a tattoo? Circumcision is permanent decision not to be taken lightly. I'd take him to the dr, let them explain everything, have him do his own research, etc. Then tell him if he still wants it offer to pay for it at 16 or 18 or whatever you deem a reasonable time for him to fully think it through.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 13, 2014 at 1:34 PM
No I would not let him get a tattoo I'm leaning towards 16 but my husband thinks if he really wants to do this we should respect his wishes

Quoting Gorilla_Mama:

Would you let him get a tattoo? Circumcision is permanent decision not to be taken lightly. I'd take him to the dr, let them explain everything, have him do his own research, etc. Then tell him if he still wants it offer to pay for it at 16 or 18 or whatever you deem a reasonable time for him to fully think it through.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 13, 2014 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Why is this a troll post?

Quoting JessMc33: Tell him when he is an adult he can if he stills feel that. way. At 13 every child is unhappy with something on their body, but that is an irreversible decision.

JessMc33
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 1:45 PM
I just feel like people post things like this to stir the pot. I'm sorry if my assumption was wrong. I did begin by responding just in case. I really don't think a thirteen year old is prepared to make that decision personally.

Quoting Anonymous: Why is this a troll post?

Quoting JessMc33: Tell him when he is an adult he can if he stills feel that. way. At 13 every child is unhappy with something on their body, but that is an irreversible decision.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)