Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

and so it begins. ..

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 1:34 PM
  • 9 Replies
On our way to school this morning dd7 says "wow, my legs are hairy!" I just chuckled at that moment. Then she went on to say she didnt want to wear shorts :( my baby is growing up too fast.
by on May. 13, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
witzandglitz
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 1:35 PM
My 5 year old informs me when to shave. He says I am "bumpy" lol

ETA
I read your post too fast. I thought she told you that you need to. Now that I read it fully - where did your little girl go? :)
sarah824
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 1:35 PM

My DS, oops, I meant DD, has had hairy legs for a couple of years now. She is almost 7 and asked me the other day if she could start shaving..... I am SO not ready for that. She still wears shorts and dresses though.

Lennyloves
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. Its ok. And I dont know. I cant remember when I started to think like that or when I started shaving. I think 11.

Quoting witzandglitz: My 5 year old informs me when to shave. He says I am "bumpy" lol

ETA
I read your post too fast. I thought she told you that you need to. Now that I read it fully - where did your little girl go? :)
Lennyloves
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 1:51 PM
Yeah, im not going to draw attention to it, once it starts to get really hot, im sure she won't care and happy to be in shorts

Quoting sarah824:

My DS, oops, I meant DD, has had hairy legs for a couple of years now. She is almost 7 and asked me the other day if she could start shaving..... I am SO not ready for that. She still wears shorts and dresses though.

sarah824
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 1:55 PM

DH used to "tease" her about it because he thought it was cute, but now we just ignore it so that she doesn't feel too self-conscious about it.

Quoting Lennyloves: Yeah, im not going to draw attention to it, once it starts to get really hot, im sure she won't care and happy to be in shorts
Quoting sarah824:

ChangingLanes
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 1:59 PM

I dread it............

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 13, 2014 at 2:01 PM

My seven yr old decided to steal her sister razor and shave her legs all on her own.  That did not go very well.  Poor kid sliced herself up.....BUT she never shaved again until she was 13. 

Lennyloves
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 2:05 PM
Awe poor thing, I bet that hurt like hell

Quoting Anonymous:

My seven yr old decided to steal her sister razor and shave her legs all on her own.  That did not go very well.  Poor kid sliced herself up.....BUT she never shaved again until she was 13. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2014 at 2:05 PM
My little cousin is 8 and she looks like a werewolf. No joke. She has a crap ton of hair, legs arms head! She's also been using deodorant since age 6. She sweats like a fat man too! Her body behaves like an adults body. It's sad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN