Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Schweddy Balls

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 1:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

Our upstairs a/c died on Sunday. It would be more fun if our windows opened and the high temps were less than near 90 with a 1000% humidity.

It has come down to the fact that it is a mistreated aged system (thanks previous owners) which costs roughly a 1/3 of the cost of new to repair.  And that is still not guaranteed to make it run afterwards, he is just stuck on what he can troubleshoot because the flux capacitor died (I almost called the repairman Doc after he told me).

Fine - we knew it was coming and they gave me us a fabulous quote.  And yes, while we are at it - we are going to add the bottom system as well.  No more condenser, a/c or furnace issues. They can install on Thursday.  Awesomesauce.

Oh, but maybe we should upgrade further...

Fifteen phone calls later and we are back to original quote but install pushed back to Friday (upstairs) and Monday (downstairs).  I want Thursday back!!!

Thanks dear for hemming and hawing in your nice air conditioned office.  Grrr.

by on May. 13, 2014 at 1:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 1:59 PM

Lalala I suck at Twitter if you had not noticed.

Chibee
by on May. 13, 2014 at 2:01 PM

I heard Dusty Muffins go great with Schweddy Balls.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 13, 2014 at 2:02 PM
If anyone doesn't get the Doc reference or the balls reference be ASHAMED of yourself.

I feel your pain. I had my AC worked on yesterday because it kept freezing up. It's fixed now, thank God.
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Mmmm, Dusty Muffins and ice cream.  PMS week - not a good week to fuck with me.

Quoting Chibee:

Chibee
by on May. 13, 2014 at 2:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I remember laughing my ass off watching that skit and my mother goes "I don't see whats so funny about a muffin...."    LOL    Gotta love a good-hearted christian polish woman.    Everything gets past her.

Quoting OneAllergicMama:

Mmmm, Dusty Muffins and ice cream.  PMS week - not a good week to fuck with me.

Quoting Chibee:

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 2:09 PM

Are you trying to say we should proud of ourselves for making it to the age where we understand these references. ;-)

Quoting Danesmommy1: If anyone doesn't get the Doc reference or the balls reference be ASHAMED of yourself. I feel your pain. I had my AC worked on yesterday because it kept freezing up. It's fixed now, thank God.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on May. 13, 2014 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Doc was cultural phenomenon and SNL is fantastic, lol.

Quoting OneAllergicMama:

Are you trying to say we should proud of ourselves for making it to the age where we understand these references. ;-)

Quoting Danesmommy1: If anyone doesn't get the Doc reference or the balls reference be ASHAMED of yourself.

I feel your pain. I had my AC worked on yesterday because it kept freezing up. It's fixed now, thank God.

Jennkmom4
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 2:13 PM
I am laughing so hard at schweddy balls and flux capacitor. ...sorry you are roasting though.
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 2:34 PM

Okay, I may let DH survive another day.  Just got a call they can fit me in tomorrow for one unit and next Tuesday for the other.

Now I just have to make plans for my very overprotective racist mutt.

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Who knew flux capacitors existed outside Back to the Future.  Maybe I knew that once?  Between kids and brain surgery, it's like I learn something new everyday regardless of having learned it years prior - my brain is a big old mess of swiss cheese.

Quoting Jennkmom4: I am laughing so hard at schweddy balls and flux capacitor. ...sorry you are roasting though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)