Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Which bed...

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 3:06 PM
  • 55 Replies

Is better for back issues (arthritis, ddd, hip pain)?

Some say the Tempurpedic, some say the Sleep Number.  

What say you?

by on May. 13, 2014 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xtwistedxlovex
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:11 PM

I haven't a clue. We have a crappy spring mattress with a 3" gel pad over it. The pad has helped with the hip pain and some back issues, but led to others. I sleep best with no pillow. I ache when I use one, but without it I'm usually fine.

mandaschelle
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:14 PM
I have a sleep number and sleep on my stomach.
PIECE Of SHIT !!!!!
My lower back is so bad I'm thinking about pain meds as soon as I roll out of it.
Greenied1
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you Sassy, that's good reading.

Quoting Sassy762:

http://www.spine-health.com/wellness/sleep/choosing-best-mattress-lower-back-pain

Greenied1
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Thanks Twisted, I actually took my gel pad off.  It helped but things are still bad.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

I haven't a clue. We have a crappy spring mattress with a 3" gel pad over it. The pad has helped with the hip pain and some back issues, but led to others. I sleep best with no pillow. I ache when I use one, but without it I'm usually fine.

Greenied1
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:55 PM

Thanks Manda...this is what I'm looking for.  Hoping people with either of these beds will chime in.  My chronic pain is increasing so hubby and I are thinking of getting a new bed.

Quoting mandaschelle: I have a sleep number and sleep on my stomach. PIECE Of SHIT !!!!! My lower back is so bad I'm thinking about pain meds as soon as I roll out of it.

Melbornj
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:56 PM
Mine has been improved with a foam mattress. It has been a world of difference.
lacyd75_anew
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Our mattress is pretty alright. But we put on the 3in gel thing too. It did help with my hips also. But I'm opposite in that if I'm off my pillow it causes my neck to hurt.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Greenied1
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 4:07 PM

A foam mattress like a tempurpedic?  How long have you been sleeping on it Melbornj?

Quoting Melbornj: Mine has been improved with a foam mattress. It has been a world of difference.

Greenied1
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 4:09 PM

I loved our topper at first but then my pain just kept increasing.  We took it off and my pain lessened a tad but is still terrible.

Quoting lacyd75_anew: Our mattress is pretty alright. But we put on the 3in gel thing too. It did help with my hips also. But I'm opposite in that if I'm off my pillow it causes my neck to hurt.
Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)