Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ETA!! The doctor said my dd needs to lose weight. I wanted to punch him.

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 3:53 PM
  • 484 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Today at her 6 year check up, he said we need to cut out all soda, juice and tea. She only drinks water, and an occasional cup of tea (like, maybe once a month). And to cut out sugary snacks. She only gets those as a treat.

She is 55 lbs, and 48 inches tall. She just turned 6

The pic of her in the bathing suit was from last weekend.

The pic in the pink shirt is from about a month ago.

ETA: The shirt is just that. A shirt. It doesn't mean that she eats cake all the time, or even part of the time. The only time she gets cake is at a birthday party. We go to maybe 10 a year. I have a green lantern shirt. Does that mean I am the green lantern? No.

If you read the post, you'd see that her diet doesn't leave much room for improvement. As a family, we eat healthy. We don't drink soda, tea or juice. we don't even drink cows milk. She doesn't eat meat, and gets very little gluten, because I am intolerant. We don't keep sweets in the house, and she only gets them as a treat. The doctor assumed that she eats unhealthily, but she doesn't. We are all very active as a family. We do at least outdoor activity daily, and she often jumps rope inside, and we have interactive games that give you a workout to play inside. (Dance games)

The title of my post was an attention grabber. I am not a hostile person, nor would I resort to violence over something like this.
by on May. 13, 2014 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 13, 2014 at 3:55 PM
18 moms liked this

you're mad because your kids dr , is concerned about her weight and he shouldnt speak his concerns , then why do you take your kid to the dr , if you don't want to hear what he has to say?

Missdameanor
by Not-a-felony on May. 13, 2014 at 3:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Why do you want to injure him over a medical opinion???
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on May. 13, 2014 at 3:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Did you tell him this? What did he say when you said that she doesn't eat/drink those things?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 13, 2014 at 3:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Can we see a pic? My dd weighed that when she was 9, that's the only reason I ask.

LukeWarmwater
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:57 PM
Well is she chubby? My 5yo is barely 40lbs but she is kinda small
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 13, 2014 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd have to see a pic, it's hard to imagine
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 13, 2014 at 3:58 PM
Is she a fatty? She seems kind of short to weigh that much...
OhSara87
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Holy crap my 4 year old is the size of your 6 yo and our ped said nothing., we go through a gallon of milk in less than 2 days
Sportbominable
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:58 PM

My 6 year old weighs 35 pounds. My 10 year old daughter weighs 60 pounds. My kids are tiny, but maybe he has a point. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 13, 2014 at 3:58 PM
7 moms liked this
You realize diet is the first thing they try to treat because if that doesn't work there are other factors that could be causing it.
There is no reason to be upset, if you think her diet is healthy then keep a food journal and show it to the doctor.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)