Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

bridesmaids vent.. i dont want to turn into bridezilla.**dresses inside**

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 11:53 PM
  • 79 Replies

SO ive decided to let them pick the dress they like as long as its black with some form of pink!.. 

Seriously!

My wedding id next july so i have 13 months until my big day BUT my bridesmaids cannot agree on a gown!

I picked on the maid of honor likes and than the bridesmaid (i have just the 2) didn’t like it, so i picked another and the maid of honor doesnt like that one GRRR ladies seriously!

the bridesmaid doesnt want the first one because its two long, and the MOH doesnt like the second one because she likes the first one than tells me it was like ones in her first wedding.  I did not know this because i didnt know her than, so now i feel akward but i like the 2nd dress that the bridesmaids like.

And if they can’t agree im going to lose it, im being nice by letting them pick what they like but i wont let them call the shots!.. i dont want to be a bridezilla but there making it hard!!

THe bridesmaid likes this

the moh and I like this one. and sorta goes with my dress

Landon - Dayton - Brielle My love My life!

by on May. 13, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gianna2014
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Couldn't you have them wear whatever dress they wanted, as long as it is the color you chose?

SaskMummy
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 11:56 PM

I thought of that but i kinda want them to match :... good thing i have some time here.

Quoting Gianna2014:

Couldn't you have them wear whatever dress they wanted, as long as it is the color you chose?

BDBVAMP
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 11:56 PM
1 mom liked this
This.

Quoting Gianna2014:

Gianna2014
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2014 at 11:57 PM

It may be the most practical thing to do, if the bridesmaids have different body types. No one wants to be uncomfortable.

Quoting SaskMummy:

I thought of that but i kinda want them to match :... good thing i have some time here.

Quoting Gianna2014:

b1the1change
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2014 at 11:59 PM
It's your wedding. They need to suck it up
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 13, 2014 at 11:59 PM
4 moms liked this
Why not have the maid of honor wear a dress that's different than the bridesmaid, but same color? That will make her stand out as the maid of honor, while making it so everyone matches. Then, that's one less person that has to agree on a dress.
TotallyTweedles
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2014 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Can the MOH have a different dress than the bridesmaid and just have the same color? I always thought that was kind of the traditional thing to do anyway
SaskMummy
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 12:00 AM

they have the same body type though.

Quoting Gianna2014:

It may be the most practical thing to do, if the bridesmaids have different body types. No one wants to be uncomfortable.

Quoting SaskMummy:

Quoting Gianna2014:

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2014 at 12:00 AM

How do these dresses look on their respective body types?  I'm a short girl, so I can understand how a longer dress wouldn't please a shorter bridesmaid.  It just makes us look shorter!  LOL

Consider allowing altered hemlines in the same dress? 

In the end, this is YOUR wedding and it should be about you and your happiness.  Don't be afraid to remind them you chose them because they are your dearest friends, and this is what will make you happy.  You can point this out without being a "bitch" or "bridezilla" by simply being nice about it.  "I understand we've had some conflicts on the dress, and we all want to look lovely.  But this is what I've been picturing in my head, and it means a lot to me."

It may also help to allow them to change into dresses that fit your colors but are their own styles for the reception.  The ceremony and pictures in the dress you pick, and the party in a dress they pick.

Gorilla_Mama
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2014 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Pick two or three you like and then tell them they have until xx date to duke it out and decide or you'll pick for them. I wouldn't stress yourself out trying to work it out for them. Don't yell or get mean about it, just be very matter of fact. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN