Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DD school is always asking for money!! pisses me off

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 86 Replies
Every week they're having some type of field trip they expect us parent to pay for! Last month they were seeing performances at a local college....chinese acrobats and another native american performance . They were $10 each. I was annoyyed...why do they have to pay for a college performance it should be free! They aren't professionals.

Last week they were going to the zoo . It was $5.00 . I paid . BUT dd just got another permission slip yesterday to go to the aquarium it's $10.00. I'm super annoyed. First of all that aquarium is crappy they barely have any exhibits at all. Lastly I just don't have the money! We just came back from our family vacation to the florida themeparks and I spent all my money for the month. I have $20 for emergencies but giving half of that for this field trip isn't an emergency imo.

I'm broke...and annoyed her school is constantly having trips where we have to pay . Every week its something else! They're never free! When I was a kid we went on trips sometimes but not all the time and most of them were always free.

When dd showed me her permission slip to visit the aquarium I told her she didn't need to go because we JUST visited sea world last week and we saw everything there is to see and she agreed . She wasn't disappointed when I told her I wasn't paying for that trip but she said if I don't pay for it she has to sit in school all day in another classroom. Btw she's 9.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2014 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Keep her home.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on May. 14, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Schools rarely do the free field trips.  They can't afford to cover the costs for everyone.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2014 at 10:38 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm so glad my district covers school supplies and field trips!  We pay slightly higher taxes, but it's so worth it.

Sounds like a good Mother Daughter bonding day is coming up soon?

craazycuckoo
by on May. 14, 2014 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I am pretty sure you're a troll.

I was pretty positive after I read the line 'We just came back from our Family Vacation and I spent all my money for the month'.

If not...I feel sorry for your kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 14, 2014 at 10:39 AM
Why so many field trips? Each grade does 1 per year, and the PTA pays for it.
donnag013
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

In my district, trips aren't free. They have to pay for the bus driver's time and the bus, as well as any admission charge.

I find it annoying that the school is providing all these enriching field trips, you go to Disney World, but you claim you are broke, and don't think your kid should go. Way to prioritize.

What do you expect the school to do with your kid while the others are on a field trip? She'll have to go to another classroom because her class will be gone.

You sound entitled. School budgets have been severely cut these last few years, but I guess you didn't notice. We've have to fund our own trips for about 5 years now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 14, 2014 at 10:40 AM
You can spend hundreds of dollars at Sea World, but can't afford a $10 ticket? Uh huh.
opal10161973
by on May. 14, 2014 at 10:40 AM

In our school, it seems to be about half and half and they don't do nearly as many as your child's school does.  It's maybe a few times a year. 

Dee0886
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2014 at 10:42 AM

Let her stay home

LaMerica
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

At least her school does field trips. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)