Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Beyond pissed!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 180 Replies
So the hubs and my stepson wanted meatloaf for dinner yesterday. I got off work at around 6:30 and went to the store and got everything to make it. I decided to make a gigantic one so that we could make meatloaf sandwiches for dinner tonight. By the time everyone ate I still had half the meatloaf to use for dinner tonight...woke up this morning and there is one small hunk left (maybe enough For 2 small sandwiches) right now I am feeding a family of 7! How could the kids be so inconsiderate and eat almost an entire half of a meatloaf after everyone went to bed? That was a $30 meatloaf! Not to mention it was between 2 of the kids who did it...one kid was sick so didn't eat at all...and 1 kid is 2 so he don't eat much at all. Shit like this pisses me off and makes me feel like I'm being used. I know it sounds stupid but it makes me want to get an apartment for me an ds (the 2 year old). My step kids do not follow rules and I am tired of dealing with it.

I use the best ground chuck they have (the least amount of fat) last night I got a 5 lb pack) I put fresh onions, garlic, bell pepper, salt, pepper, shredded cheese, onion soup mix, Italian bread crumbs and top it with bold sloppy joe sauce instead of ketchup. I made enough for 2 meatloafs in 1 so that I already had tonight's dinner done. This is why the meatloaf was 30$
Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2014 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Bump
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:21 AM
1 mom liked this

how exactly was a 2 year old up eating meatloaf after everyone went to bed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2014 at 11:23 AM
5 moms liked this

Were they told not to eat it?  I would prefer if my children were hungry they ate real food instead of downing a bag of potato chips or some ice cream.  What were they supposed to eat if they were hungry?  Or were they just supposed to stay hungry so you could have leftovers for today...

emandab
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Holy crap! What on earth do you put in your meatloaf to make it cost that much?

holyhoola
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
It must have been good!
FabAnonLife
by on May. 14, 2014 at 11:24 AM
4 moms liked this

So you are mad that the kids were hungry and ate more after everyone else was in bed? If that's what you're saying I don't see what the big deal is. That "$30" meatloaf was supposed to have been eaten anyway right? Who cares if they are it as a sandwich for the next night or not. Make something else for dinner tonight. Idk maybe I'm missing the point bc I don't see what the big deal is. 

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Sounds like your dh ate it
Jamaicanmecrazi
by on May. 14, 2014 at 11:25 AM
1 mom liked this
So they were hungry and ate. And?
CMay2CK
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Put a lock on the frig! I'm sorry you're dealing with kids who aren't following the rules. I can tell you, and if I'm wrong just ignore me, if you treat your step kids like, well...step kids and not just "your kids", they will never grow to respect your authority. Hope things get better. :-)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN