Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I am Starting to THINK you are LYING

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

So I recently went back to work. I have been working as a Senior Account Manager for about 2 months now. It is my dream job.

About 3 weeks ago the company I work for hired a "Sales & Agency Marketing Person". We will call her "C". She is CONSTANTLY bragging about the places she has been, the things she has, and the endless stream of cash they have. She apparently sold her "Company" that she built from the ground up a few years ago and has now decided to go back to work. Her reason, they don't (her and her husband) share their money. As far as I can tell, most of what she has said has been verified. But every time one of us tells a story, hers has to be better. Or she has done that too. 

Now my family and I have really struggled in the past two years. I was laid off. Had and was treated for Depressive disorder and PPD, battled and overcame an addiction, and dealt with a judgemental and overbearing BM & Inlaws. Now I am working again and loving life. But we ARE climbing OUT of a debt hole. We have juggled bills for so long that just now we are starting to get a handle on everything. We have finally gotten to the point where I can start looking for a new vehicle as mine is on borrowed time. So yes I have been talking about my new car and getting excited. 

A few days later "C" decided to buy a brand new car for her daughter and has been talking about it ever since. I am not usually a jealous person, but she is rubbing me the wrong way.

And there is no way I can avoid her as I work directly with her. Me and the other two ladies in the office all agree that we aren't always sure about what she tells us. What do you think?

Am I being PETTY?

EDIT: I should add that  it is a small office (7 employees TOTAL) and when she talks about it she will talk OVER people loudly with her two cents. If I could avoid her, I would.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2014 at 11:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2014 at 11:27 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous

BUMP!

Anonymous

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2014 at 11:28 AM
MYOB and it won't bother you.
seksen
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:29 AM
I find people like that extremely annoying and generally tell them so.
emandab
2 moms liked this

She's a one-upper.  Everything she has or does has to be bigger or better then anyone else.  I'd just stop talking to her about stuff that's not directly related to work.  Those people annoy me too and I just don't talk to them or give them the attention they so desperately need.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2014 at 11:29 AM
1 mom liked this
You shouldn't gossip about your coworkers it makes YOU look bad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2014 at 11:29 AM
Just let it to. It's not your life so why dwell on it. Just smile and nod.
chairhead28
Yes, yes you are being petty.
FabAnonLife
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:30 AM

Work with her, do your job and forget about what bs she says. Who cares what she says she has, where she says she's been....you don't know what the truth is and whats a lie. We all go through ups and downs and if right now things are good for her then great. You never know what truly happens behind the walls of her home so let her brag all she wants but don't let it bother you, it's not worth it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)