Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have favorite summer rituals you’ve carried over from your childhood to share with your own kids?

Posted by on May. 14, 2014 at 12:07 PM
  • 38 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have favorite summer rituals you’ve carried over from your childhood to share with your own kids?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 48

View Results

by on May. 14, 2014 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on May. 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Yep, playing flashlight tag, catching lightening bugs, cookouts, etc.

ImNotKarl
by Also Not Paul on May. 14, 2014 at 1:10 PM

Sno Cones from Tropical Sno weekly, and the Farmer's Martket downtown on Saturdays with the splash pad that we go to at lunch time.

Ask me how you can be of at least average intelligence!

LovePhotoBug5
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 1:24 PM

SD will see fireflies this summer for the first time. I am excited for her! When I was younger we would chase them down and catch them in a jar. I loved summers, staying up to watch Nick at Night (where each day was a different show for like 5 hours....), going out to play tag in the dark, walking 1.5 miles to the pool every afternoon... of course the mornings weren't all that great (we had to do chores and worksheets to keep up with school - math, writing & reading - though I didn't mind the reading at all).

chamamahaha
by on May. 14, 2014 at 1:44 PM
Storm watching,

Swinging at sunset thats the best time

Sundays at the beach.

I am a big kid at heart we do so much

But they dont like biking I dont blame them its not fun biking around on side walks here where we live theres no outdoors for kids to play except out back of your house.

We like baking on rainy days, or watching twister movies, we need to find more

Now im homesick. I just want to take my kids back up to Canada,
Maverick1957
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 1:58 PM

Yes!  Running under the sprinkler; fishing and fish frys at Granny's; playing hide & seek at night and blind man's bluff; riding in the back of my dad's p/up truck with my cousins; picking veggies & shelling o Granny's side porch while singing "Found a Peanut" or "99 Bottles of Beer On The Wall"; running in the rain, catching fireflies in a Mason jar;  laying outside, staring at the stars; if I keep on...my mascara will be running....

jadedcynic
by Nerdalicious on May. 14, 2014 at 2:48 PM

No, because the things I would do (walking home barefoot the last day of school, spending hours outside exploring, tree climbing) are just impossible here. I lived in a different climate, where you could go outside during the day in the summer time and it wasn't as hot as the sun.

cjsix
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Jumping rope,sidewalk chalk,bubbles,running through the sprinkler,sitting outside reading,lightening bugs....so many things. Oh and the favorite of all children....pulling weeds...lol!

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM
When i was a kid i spent my Summers in Ebony, Va., Swimming, boating and fishing at Lake Gaston. So, my Daughter and i do the same. My family has a house in Ebony so my daughter gets to experience pretty much everything i did.
heldcaptiveby2
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Bonfire fires and story telling every Saturday night.
Camping in the backyard making smores.
Swimming like fish.
Watching Fireworks on the 4th at my parents cookout.
And yardsaling on Saturday Mornings with (Mawmaw family tradition).
Kitty_Myrick
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Playing in the mansoon storms

cat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN