Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My daughter hit my autistic son and told him she hates him :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 200 Replies
He's autistic with severe anxiety issues. He's 8 and his doctors and I have been trying to break him of his biting habit when he gets worked up or starts having a meltdown. My daughter is 19 and is here visiting for a week between the end of her semester and her summer classes. I'm happy she's home and here.

However, her being here has thrown off his routine completely and he's been melting down and upset more. This morning, when she was in "his" chair, he bit her so hard on the shoulder he broke the skin. She punched him in the face, and he has a rapidly forming black eye. She was also yelling "I f-cking hate you" as he laid there crying.

I ran downstairs freaking out, trying to console both of them and calm them down. I turned to ask what the hell she was thinking hitting him so hard, and she said "what else is new, take his f-cking side again when he's a violent little *sshole", went upstairs, got her things and left. She hasn't answered the phone since.

I'm so devastated and upset :( my son keeps crying for her and melting down, and I'm so anxious that she's driving in her angry and worked up state. I wish she hadn't left so we could have resolved this :(
Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2014 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mena929
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2014 at 1:06 PM
7 moms liked this

So did he get reprimanded for biting her?

LuvmyAiden
by on May. 14, 2014 at 1:07 PM
5 moms liked this

While her reaction was not a good one it is hard to be the sibling of a special needs child. He hurt her and she reacted. She must feel like she isn't a part of her own home if her being there upsets him so much. This is a tough situation.

paganbaby
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Mena929:

So did he get reprimanded for biting her?

I will not have a temper tantrum nor stomp across the floor.

I will not pout, scream or shout or kick against the door.

I will not throw my food around nor pick upon another.

I’ll always try to be real good because I am the mother.

I am the mother.

I am the mother.

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2014 at 1:07 PM
4 moms liked this

Everyone has a breaking point. If her brother has been consistantly violent then although she is not right in hitting him, I can see how she snapped

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2014 at 1:08 PM
4 moms liked this
He should be reprimanded, but yes this time I would take his side. A 19 year old has no business punching an 8 year old!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 14, 2014 at 1:08 PM
11 moms liked this
Wasn't this posted like 2 months ago?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 14, 2014 at 1:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't blame her for leaving. I wouldn't stay in a house where I was bitten and it was brushed under the rug. Maybe after that he won't do it again.
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2014 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't condone violence against a child, but punching him was probably a reaction. Now the "I hate you" was not necessary.

lasombrs
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2014 at 1:08 PM
My son has severe autism but my daughter is the biter. They both get equally punished in these situations ( he did something to cause her to bite, her the biting)

Neither one gets away with anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 14, 2014 at 1:09 PM
Sounds like she was fed up with the favoritism.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)