Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 3rd grader got suspended...and I am proud of him - edit

Posted by on May. 14, 2014 at 2:41 PM
  • 583 Replies
83 moms liked this

I got a call from the assistant principal who informed me I needed to pick up my son early from school. There was a fight at school involving my son and another little boy. Basically, while in PE my son kicked a ball that accidentally hit the other boy. When my son went to retrieve the ball, the other boy pushed him down hard enough the rip a hole in my son's pants and skin his knee. The other kids began taunting my son. Now, my boy is a good boy. He doesn't cause trouble and stays pretty quiet most of the time at school . He is quite thin and I think this may cause others to under estimate him. Anyhow, being thrown to the ground and subsequently teased was more than he could take so he got up swinging. The school has a "code of conduct" that absolutely forbids fighting. Both boys were suspended.. I am not happy about that but I understand. My own was worried that I would be angry with him. Quite the contrary. I am proud of my son for defending himself. What do you think?

EDIT

This has been fun and interesting to read the various viewpoints. I am bowing out now. Feel free to talk among yourselves ladies. Thanks to those that remained civil and respectful. Those that resorted to name calling and general nastiness...well, I'm a lady so I will let you fill in the blank.

by on May. 14, 2014 at 2:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
livyla
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 2:42 PM
58 moms liked this

I agree with you~

halleys_mommy_1
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2014 at 2:43 PM
12 moms liked this
Im w ya momma! Kids need to stand up for themselves!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 14, 2014 at 2:43 PM
10 moms liked this
Eh he now has a suspension on his record. He should have waited until after school then went after him.
redzinger
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 2:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Thanks. I love that little guy. I was actually impressed that he stood up for himself :)

spooky415
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2014 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this
So you mean he's teased all the time-or it was just this once.
StephanieDpls3
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 2:44 PM
I agree with you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redzinger
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 2:44 PM

Ha! Good point. That is what his sister said.

Quoting Anonymous: Eh he now has a suspension on his record. He should have waited until after school then went after him.

bothsidesofcoin
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 2:44 PM
4 moms liked this
He did the right thing defending himself.
WillsMOM72
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 2:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you.
redzinger
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 2:46 PM

Not a lot of teasing but this boy was kinda being a pain for a while. Nothing too bad, just some pushing and being bossy.

Quoting spooky415: So you mean he's teased all the time-or it was just this once.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)