Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever had to "fire" your Mom or Mother-in-Law from babysitting your child?

Cafe Steph
Yesterday at 9:01 PM
Lets Watch The Walking Dead Episode 2 Together! - CafeMom

The second episode of The Walking Dead airs Sunday, October 19th! Meet us here at 9pm EST as we watch and discuss the show

Posted by on May. 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM
  • 119 Replies

Have you ever had to "fire" your Mom or Mother-in-Law from babysitting your child? If so, what drove you to the final "You're Fired!"?

Your answers could be included in an upcoming post on The Stir.

by on May. 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 14, 2014 at 3:13 PM
I would love to, but I have to go to work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2014 at 3:15 PM

No, but that's bc I never let her in the first place.  Well, I did a few times after she was already asleep if that counts.  

jacsmama022
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2014 at 3:16 PM
2 moms liked this
No but I fired my best friend. She was just lazy and careless with my kids. She called me one day saying my oldest was in trouble because she went to the road and someone drove by and was honking the horn at her. I asked where she was and she said inside watching tv. My child was 3 at the time and hers was 4. Nowhere near old enough to be outside unsupervised. That was the last day she kept my children.
mehaffiesub
by Lil' Frog on May. 14, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Nope cause my mom lives 1500 miles away and cant babysit and my MIL lives 1.5 hours away and works so even if we lived closer Im not sure she could babysit but if she could Id let her as my DD loves her and she lives on a farm and my DD loves going to her place.
my4littlegirls
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Yes. The final straw was when she sent my 16 yr old brother-in-law to spend the night so she didn't have to be up early to come watch the kids. That wasn't so bad but her never showing up to watch them and leaving him in charge of our 3 kids at the time pissed both my husband and I off. We never asked her to watch them again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Yep, my mom was taking medications for her health conditions. It was making her act funny, but she insisted she was fine. The day she passed out cold on the floor (luckily my BIL was there) was the last time she watched DD. It's taken years for my mom to get over it, and we really just don't talk about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 14, 2014 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I've wanted too but then I have to remember that there more than 30yrs since she's had a baby around, my youngest is 5 and although I freaked when she gave her water at 2 months, gave her peanut butter at a year and so many other things have gone wrong including nanna cutting her bangs, I'm grateful they are in each others lives.
witzandglitz
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM
My mom just got too old and frail to watch my toddlers (late 70s)
polkaspots
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Yes. Mil started telling us we need to 'discipline' him because he was too wild. The word was accompanied by a hitting motion and he was about 18 months old at the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 14, 2014 at 3:20 PM

No I haven't they live to far away to babysit regularly, but I did have to fire my Cousin's SIL from being my babysitter.  She was nice and everything but no discipline at all with her kids or mine.  If he had homework she wouldn't make him do it.   The TV or video games was the baby sitter.  I work a crazy job so I get off at crazy hours sometimes so doing homework at midnight isn't practical. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)