Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I deserve $15 an hour!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 341 Replies
32 moms liked this

Yup. This about sums it up.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pinki224
by New Member on May. 14, 2014 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2014 at 7:26 PM
18 moms liked this
Yeah I agree. The police officers in my area make $16 an hour, why should some loser flipping burgers make almost as much as them?
Yum_Cupcakes
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 7:26 PM
43 moms liked this

I don't think you realize how many people who are working at minimum wage jobs have skills that exceed their jobs. There's been a recession. Do you know what the is or what that means for people?

Though I think minimum wage should be based on the areas cost of living and not a national average. 

jacsmama022
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2014 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this
Completely agree.
LadyVoldemort
by on May. 14, 2014 at 7:27 PM
12 moms liked this

I disagree...without the minimum wage workers, other workers would be fucked severely

jacsmama022
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2014 at 7:29 PM
4 moms liked this
Just because they have more skills does not mean they deserve more. You're right, jobs are hard to find, these people know this and they accept that they are over qualified but they have to settle for minimum wage. If they found a job where those skills were utilized I'm sure they would make more.

Quoting Yum_Cupcakes:

I don't think you realize how many people who are working at minimum wage jobs have skills that exceed their jobs. There's been a recession. Do you know what the is or what that means for people?

Though I think minimum wage should be based on the areas cost of living and not a national average. 

jslpruitt
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 7:30 PM

I agree.

jacsmama022
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2014 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
How?

The people working at minimum wage accepted the pay? If they want more, do like other people and get a degree or a trade where they can make more.

Quoting LadyVoldemort:

I disagree...without the minimum wage workers, other workers would be fucked severely

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 14, 2014 at 7:31 PM
21 moms liked this
EVERY ONE deserves a living wage that can afford the basics. What it's at now doesn't make that happen.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 14, 2014 at 7:32 PM
28 moms liked this

So, just because someone has skills that don't translate into flipping burgers, they should get paid more for a job that isn't meant to be a career choice? The recession is over. There are jobs again. And if you can't find one in your area, it's time to expand your horizons.

Raising the minimum wage last time also raised the cost of living drastically. It did not equate out to bringing home more when your bills all raised. Employers don't eat the raise. They pass it on by raising the prices of their services or products. When you get $2 more an hour, you're going to see a raise in the cost of living almost immediately. Gas prices rise, which means that the cost of transporting goods goes up. If it costs more to move the product, then the product costs more to sell and manufacture.

I honestly wonder why so many people think that raising the minimum wage will suddenly mean people are able to afford their lives.

Quoting Yum_Cupcakes:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN