Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you think it was strange if....

Posted by on May. 14, 2014 at 8:24 PM
  • 8 Replies
This house my parents used to own has had ten owners since my parents sold it. Which was eighteen years ago. This is a nice area in the historic part of town-it's almost a hundred years old. And a beautiful fully restored house.
The owners before us owned it six months and sold it and left all furnishings for us. They just grabbed most personal belongings and moved.
Would you think again while looking at a house when you saw that most owners couldn't live in it more than six months to a year? Or would you low ball an offer and buy it? It's a beautiful house with a lot of negative activity on the property.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 14, 2014 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 14, 2014 at 8:26 PM
What does negative activity on the property mean?
celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2014 at 8:27 PM
I'm looking up the history and it seems most owners have owned it less than two years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2014 at 8:29 PM
The restorations might not be up to par to some people? If its a historical house there could be a lot of hidden problems cosmetic renovations wouldn't fix.

maybe its haunted? Lol

i wouldn't buy a house with that much turn over to be honest. Obviously there is a reason.
celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2014 at 8:30 PM
I won't get too much into that. Just feelings of extreme discomfort, being constantly watched. I and my sister saw things ( and both of us are 100% sane).
I just wonder why people keep buying it! Don't people research the property they are looking at?

Quoting Anonymous: What does negative activity on the property mean?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 14, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Sounds like the property had issues. Maybe there is structural damage and no one discovers it until later.

Quoting celestegood: I won't get too much into that. Just feelings of extreme discomfort, being constantly watched. I and my sister saw things ( and both of us are 100% sane).
I just wonder why people keep buying it! Don't people research the property they are looking at?

celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2014 at 8:38 PM
It was expertly and professionally renovated and restored by my mom and dad. They spent a lot of money doing it.
It is haunted.
I just wondered why people buy houses with that kind of turnover. There's a reason for it, be it problems with the house itself or other reasons.

Quoting Anonymous: The restorations might not be up to par to some people? If its a historical house there could be a lot of hidden problems cosmetic renovations wouldn't fix.

maybe its haunted? Lol

i wouldn't buy a house with that much turn over to be honest. Obviously there is a reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2014 at 8:41 PM
No, it was expertly renovated by my parents. They spent a lot of money renovating and restoring it.
I kind of wish it would burn down and the neighbors could make their yard bigger. It'd be better that way.

Quoting Anonymous: Sounds like the property had issues. Maybe there is structural damage and no one discovers it until later.

Quoting celestegood: I won't get too much into that. Just feelings of extreme discomfort, being constantly watched. I and my sister saw things ( and both of us are 100% sane).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Whether or not you believe in spirits, and haunting-only a fool buys a house that they didn't at least do a bit of research on, right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN