Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you complain to the school?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies
My daughter came home from school one day last week in clothes from the lost and found (gross) so when I asked what happened she told me the teacher wouldn't allow her to go to the bathroom and she had an accident. The school never called to inform me or to even have me bring her some clothes. So I called and asked why nobody notified me, the principal told me the shool nurse usually calls and she would find out why I wasn't contacted about the situation. No big deal, I let it go. Yesterday my daughter came home and told me the same teacher refused to let her go to the bathroom again today. She was taking a test and the teacher told her to finish it first so when she was done she raised her hand and the teacher told her to put her hand down. I think it is insane to not allow a kindergartener to use the restroom. I'm not sure if I should call the school again, have a meeting with the teacher or what. What would you do in this situation?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 14, 2014 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
desertlvn
by Gold Member on May. 14, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Gently talk to the teacher. Come off as calm and respectful. Ask about what has been going on, your dd's behavior, class routines..... Get her perspective. Then explain your concerns.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 14, 2014 at 9:28 PM
3 moms liked this

Cut a bitch. 

Not really, but I would be very upet. 

craazycuckoo
by on May. 14, 2014 at 9:31 PM
2 moms liked this

What test do they take in Kindergarten?

I'm calling troll.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 14, 2014 at 9:33 PM

Talk to the teacher first and find out what's going on from her.  Tell her your concerns and hopefully you guys can figure it out.  When mine was in K they had backup clothes including shoes in case of an accident.  

HippieMomma08
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 9:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Kindergarten is way too young to expect a child to hold it for more than 5/10 minutes. IMO
I'd try top speak with the teacher. Try not to be abrasive. Just let her know what you heard, and because you haven't received an explanation from the school, that's really all you have to go on. Then, explain that you are close enough to the school that it is not inconvenient to call you to bring her a change of clothes, should this ever happen again.
Poor baby. I'm sure she is just mortified.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 14, 2014 at 9:34 PM
1 mom liked this
They take spelling and math tests here...

Quoting craazycuckoo:

I'm calling troll.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2014 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Actually they do take accelerated reader test, spelling test and math test. Kindergarten isn't what it used to be

Quoting craazycuckoo:

I'm calling troll.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 14, 2014 at 9:38 PM

what?! calling troll because you don't think they give tests in kindergarten?! Ds is in K and he brings home several tests a week....

Quoting craazycuckoo:

I'm calling troll.

RosePetalTears
by Bronze Member on May. 14, 2014 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

i would talk to the teacher and if it happened again after talking to her, i would go higher up

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 14, 2014 at 9:40 PM

My kindy kid takes a spelling test every monday and a math test every friday. What's so hard to believe?

Quoting craazycuckoo:

I'm calling troll.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)